Photo
- - - - -

16/02/13 - Bradford Bulls v Castleford Tigers - KO 4.45pm (Sky Sports)

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford Bulls (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

2. Castleford Tigers (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

###### poor game from 2 ###### poor teams, how the fat bald headed one can say that castleford will be a top 8 team is beyond belief.......
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#62 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

###### poor game from 2 ###### poor teams, how the fat bald headed one can say that castleford will be a top 8 team is beyond belief.......

Cracking post, no really cracking post.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#63 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Thought it was a better game than score line suggests. Cas might well do better than I thought they would. Taking into account a pretty good turnout of Tigers fans I must say I was surprised at the overall attendance especially as Parky keeps telling us about the 10,000 fans which the Bulls apparently have. Does anyone know how many turned up for the corresponding fixture last season?
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#64 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

First sub 10k attendance for the Bulls in 3 and a half years, but sure have a dig why not. Nothing to do with season tickets doubling, awful kick off time and being on Sky. This would never affect any other club ever obviously
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#65 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

First sub 10k attendance for the Bulls in 3 and a half years, but sure have a dig why not. Nothing to do with season tickets doubling, awful kick off time and being on Sky. This would never affect any other club ever obviously

You forgot the impact of Bradford City at Wembley people can only do so much.

#66 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Ref wasn't too bad I think the majority of your supporters had a difference of opinion in the first half with all the constant booing you could hear on the telly.

Yeah, it was funny that! I felt sorry for Cas. That holding down milarky is so subjective and hard to gauge that on another day even with the same ref the second binning would never have happened. I'm still trying to work out why the first binning occurred.

#67 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Wasn't having a dig, just asking a genuine question, don't be so defensive. Expect better next time then. Have they not sold as many season tickets this year?

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 16 February 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#68 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

You forgot the impact of Bradford City at Wembley people can only do so much.

Yep, people are picking and choosing their matches this year and that's fair enough. We'll attract a fair few 10k plus crowds this year just not every week. It's a period of adjustment and there are plenty of clubs who'd love the numbers we attract even if tonight was a disappointment on that count.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#69 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Wasn't having a dig, just asking a genuine question, don't be so defensive. Expect better next time then

Well you certainly looked as if you were at Parky - over 10k at our opening match vs Wakey fyi
SQL Honours

#70 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Yep, people are picking and choosing their matches this year and that's fair enough. We'll attract a fair few 10k plus crowds this year just not every week. It's a period of adjustment and there are plenty of clubs who'd love the numbers we attract even if tonight was a disappointment on that count.

I fully expect FC and Rovers crowds to be well down this year for the same reason, 3000 job losses in the area over the last year will make a huge impact on both clubs.

#71 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Maybe it's the laws rather than the refs. This team on a warning business will nearly always lead to a sin bin. Take a drive, loose carry and they're in the bin for a ball steal.

Do people genuinely believe that, as tonight, Cas were put on a team warning and the very next tackle Ellis deliberately stripped the ball? Same in the first half when a addy was binned

It ruins the game

Players can be stupid. This isn't a new rule though it's just a new way of putting the team on a warning. Instead of calling the captain out the ref makes the signal so there is no excuse for the team on a warning all the players should know.

#72 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Taking into account a pretty good turnout of Tigers fans

Hmm, I'd disagree, there was a clutch under the screen and then a few spread around the end. Perhaps 500, although happy to bow to anyone with better judgement than me.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#73 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I too was disappointed with the crowd, two of our party weren't there affected, one was with Wibsey Juniors so probably stayed at home after, and the second, well, the Bulls fixture card has this game as a 5.45pm kick off! He only realised when he switched on his telly, made it after 15 minutes though. I think sky paired with amatuer rugby affected. It isn't often we have a Saturday early evening kick off. And so far this is our only scheduled home sky game.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#74 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Hmm, I'd disagree, there was a clutch under the screen and then a few spread around the end. Perhaps 500, although happy to bow to anyone with better judgement than me.

I'd certainly say there weren't as many as last year when they brought ahefty number iirc. Again ko time and Sky a lot to answer for
SQL Honours

#75 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'd certainly say there weren't as many as last year when they brought ahefty number iirc. Again ko time and Sky a lot to answer for

I can't remember their following last year, just a dad and lad behind me who kept waxing lyrical with "oh Rangi".

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#76 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Ref wasn't too bad, if players weren't messing about he wouldn't have to blow whistle. Every 'game' thread on here ends up having a go at refs!

Fan of team benefitting from majority of ref's decisions in "Ref wasn't too bad" shocker. :D

Thought both teams looked pretty good, always happy to watch them - mind you the only superleague Team i don't like watching are hull fc

Eh? :(

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#77 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Your fault aswell.

:P

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#78 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Remind us who you support ??

And the fat bald one appreciated castleford have beaten the champions. HTH

#79 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Fan of team benefitting from majority of ref's decisions in "Ref wasn't too bad" shocker. :D

just find hull very dull to watch - no passion, no flair, not battlers, dunno just something not right
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#80 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Maybe it's the laws rather than the refs. This team on a warning business will nearly always lead to a sin bin. Take a drive, loose carry and they're in the bin for a ball steal.

Do people genuinely believe that, as tonight, Cas were put on a team warning and the very next tackle Ellis deliberately stripped the ball? Same in the first half when a addy was binned

It ruins the game

I've said this about Ganson before. I think he gets wound up and he's almost already made a decision before the offense happens and then tries to find a penalty. It reminds me of teachers that will be fair with giving out detentions most of the time but sometimes get wound up and start giving them out for every little thing. It says more about the teacher than the children.

I think a lot of penalties are more about what Ganson is feeling than the players themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users