Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

17/02/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (7 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

2. Wigan Warriors (12 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,492 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

This is now on the Saturday (16th) at 3.00, owing to the Hudds Town FA Cup game vs Wigan being played and televised on Sunday.

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Wigan, by 12.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

I've gone for Huds as I think we'll be coming down from playing Warrington last week (with a bump). I think Huds front row will do well against us and as ever Brough's kicking game will keep us on the back foot.

#5 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

If the Warriors get to the edges early and often enough then I think they'll take it. For the moment though I can't see past that Giants pack with Danny Brough causing mayhem behind it.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#6 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Do long as its a tough game I don't mind

Can see Fielden being fired up

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

A good test of both packs - hoping for an excellent match.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 GezH

GezH
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Could be a great one this. Giants to pinch it by one score, and seeing as I can't make it to Headingley friday might go to this one to get my weeks fill.
Continuing to fly the RL flag and introduce more and more folk to the greatest game in North Lincs
Posted Image

#9 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Pity this one's not on tv - could be a great game.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

:(

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

What he said......tie of the weekend

#12 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

I think Wigan will shade this. Our defence will just be strong enough to grind down the Giants bug lads, while the backs have just enough talent to prevail.

#13 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hudds by 10.
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#14 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

I think Wigan will shade this. Our defence will just be strong enough to grind down the Giants bug lads, while the backs have just enough talent to prevail.

grind down the bugs? is it going to be a bush tucker trial? Hmmm maybe the Giants will beetle around your lot, and swat you away like flies. Gnat that I'm saying it won't be a tough encounter ;)

Edited by amh, 14 February 2013 - 06:14 AM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#15 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

I was praying when they had to change the day, that Sky wouldn't suddenly change the tv game - always seem to play better when the cameras aren't there

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#16 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Some people need to get out, IACGMOOH.

Agree this would've been nice to watch on TV

Before last Friday's game I'd have said Huddersfield, but Wigan really are going to prove the real deal early on in the season, and pinch this game...... Wigan will make top 4 as long as injuries are kept to a minimum

#17 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Before last Friday's game I'd have said Huddersfield, but Wigan really are going to prove the real deal early on in the season, and pinch this game...... Wigan will make top 4 as long as injuries are kept to a minimum

I think Wigan are absolutely nailed on for top 4. I can't honestly see how the season can pan out in such a way that they finish outside the top 4.

I think they'll be top come the end of the regular season.

As for this match, I expect a good game, a real arm wrestle broken up by flashes of brilliance from Wigan's backs and they win it by 16.

That's me.  I'm done.

#18 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Good tie. Looking forward to seeing a battle of the packs, and being able to compare Green and Smth to Brough will be as interesting as last week with Briers and Myler. (not that it counts for much over two games but) These two sides have had the best defenses so far and I think that'll be a deciding factor here, if the tackling can hold up to the running power then it'll be interesting to see both sets of backs trying to decide the game.

Still no Prescott but Luaki is a possibility.

Hudds by one score... or maybe Wigan by two.

#19 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Heh

As far as I'm concerned its still a bit amazing to me that people are talking about a Hudds v Wigan game in this way.

FWIW I'd happily see us lose this one by a score so long as we can win the return later in the season

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

Wigan squad: Greg Burke, Josh Charnley, Dom Crosby, Gil Dudson, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Darrell Goulding, Blake Green, Jack Hughes, Michael McIlorum, Lee Mossop, Sean O'Loughlin, Sam Powell, Pat Richards, Matty Smith, Scott Taylor, Iain Thornley, Sam Tomkins.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users