TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

17/02/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (7 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

2. Wigan Warriors (12 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

2 tries in 2 minutes, 0-10. about 14 gone.

Is this being played at Huddersfield?

#42 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Is this being played at Huddersfield?

Yep.

#43 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Wigan getting everything from the Ref as usual
Giants keep putting the ball down in good position

#44 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Only got it on the radio but it seems pretty even. in fact it sounds like their was a period where Hudds were only getting out of their own half due to penalties...

#45 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

24 left 14-10

#46 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,860 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Huddersfield interception on the hooter. They win.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#47 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

22-10 FT

Great defense from Giants. Cracking game, with only one score in it though out and a full lenth try right at the hooter as the icing.

#48 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Sounds a good game. Was thinking we kicked off at 430, so rather missed our best moments. Shame to lose, but no disgrace to lose to a good Giants team. Still above Saints (thanks FC :)).

#49 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Sounds a good game. Was thinking we kicked off at 430, so rather missed our best moments. Shame to lose, but no disgrace to lose to a good Giants team. Still above Saints (thanks FC :)).

Hope saints ain't your benchmark??

#50 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Please keep that hushed up because Wiganers think the Saints enjoy all the calls from the ref. :D

#51 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

It's good to see Huddersfield's strong start to the season continuing and it's always great to see Wigan lose.

I'm particularly happy for Paul Anderson, hopefully the success of his playing days will carry over into his coaching career.

#52 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Ref was poor, missing a lot IMO but he didnt spoil the game

That said it was an absolutely outstanding game, genuinely one of the best I have seen for some time. Two very good teams at it hammer and tongs for 80 mins. Wigans patterns caught us twice in quick succession but then the Giants defence adjusted (something we were incapable off mid game last season) and we shut them down, especially out wingers who nailed the Wigan centres time and time again

Ultimately the Giants defence held out time after time on their own line and for multiple repeat sets and Wigan just couldn't convert possession and territory into points against us.

#53 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Ref was poor, missing a lot IMO but he didnt spoil the game

That said it was an absolutely outstanding game, genuinely one of the best I have seen for some time. Two very good teams at it hammer and tongs for 80 mins. Wigans patterns caught us twice in quick succession but then the Giants defence adjusted (something we were incapable off mid game last season) and we shut them down, especially out wingers who nailed the Wigan centres time and time again

Ultimately the Giants defence held out time after time on their own line and for multiple repeat sets and Wigan just couldn't convert possession and territory into points against us.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. 2 evenly matched teams by the sound of it.

#54 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

It was indeed, i'd have been happy if we'd have lost by a score to be honest. I went to see a high quality game, and thats what both teams put on display.

From a Giants point of view, we still havent played out best rugby, too many mistakes from us still but that gives us somewhere to go as the season progresses.

From a Wigan point of view, maybe they should have taken more punts at goal from the number of penalties they got, but on that form both teams will be in the right end of the table.

#55 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

22-10 FT

Great defense from Giants. Cracking game, with only one score in it though out and a full lenth try right at the hooter as the icing.

sounds like it lived up to the expectations........looking forward to seeing how this new Hudds side do against Wire and Leeds.....

#56 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Me too.

Mind you, we smashed Leeds twice last season - or rather Luke O'Donnell did single handedly.

#57 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

What a great win. They're sitting pretty out by a point. The only thing that's taking the surprise out of it is history! It's almost repeating itself. If the Giants kick on and lessons learned then it's great for the club which will hopefully build a big following and make another side genuine contenders.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#58 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

happy Leyther in Huddersfield :D :D

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#59 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

It was brill, Aggravating first 15 mins, trying to play champagne RL before any points on the board, and worrying up to H/T...then they came out and didn't offload when they should have, because they had been told to keep hold of it ---then the best bit...

defence defence defence..superb and it won the game. Ferres blowing out his ###### to score a final few seconds try was the icing on the cake

(maybe had a couple when I posted )

Edited by amh, 17 February 2013 - 06:30 AM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#60 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

What a great win. They're sitting pretty out by a point. The only thing that's taking the surprise out of it is history! It's almost repeating itself. If the Giants kick on and lessons learned then it's great for the club which will hopefully build a big following and make another side genuine contenders.

Big difference is that this season we have won without looking our best, lots of mistakes made and room for improvement.

Previous seasons we have won by being as good as we could be, this season we have room to improve.

Lots of other little things going on too make me hopeful the collapses of the past are over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users