RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

17/02/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (7 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

2. Wigan Warriors (12 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Big difference is that this season we have won without looking our best, lots of mistakes made and room for improvement.

Previous seasons we have won by being as good as we could be, this season we have room to improve.

Lots of other little things going on too make me hopeful the collapses of the past are over.

With the best will in the world, barring the 3 games against us, I'll believe it when I see it!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#62 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

It was a entertaining game right enough, No doubt about it being the Giants defence that sealed it , Wigan put enormous pressure on the line for long periods of time but some how the Giants kept them out , I think it may have been harder with Tomkin's playing , but i am not worrying about that. Wigan still look a good side to me and anybody writing them of i feel will come a cropper. Lockers and Mac both good players with high work rates, but poor attitudes ( but i suppose you have to see them regular to be a fair judge ) although i have seen Lockers for many years now. All in all a tough game with two tough sides who will both get better yet and a win i am very happy to get.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#63 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Cracking game. Everything that last week's match against London was not.

Fantastic defence from Huddersfield. At the end I think they faced 11 Wigan sets over seven minutes with only a break of 2 PTBs when they had the ball themselves.

That's me.  I'm done.

#64 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Lots of other little things going on too make me hopeful the collapses of the past are over.

We'll have to wait and see. At this stage I'll take three from three with a smile and leave it at that.

That's me.  I'm done.

#65 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

From a Wigan point of view, maybe they should have taken more punts at goal from the number of penalties they got

Do you happen to know what the penalty count was?

That's me.  I'm done.

#66 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

One thing not mentioned yet is the appalling behaviour of a small minority of Wigan fans. Setting off smoke bombs and fighting in the stands.

I don't know who they were and I don't care. Wigan need to find out and ban them from attending. If they don't then the RFL needs to step in punish the club until they do.

I had my three year old there with me and I really don't need to see that kind of ###### when she's around.

That's me.  I'm done.

#67 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Do you happen to know what the penalty count was?

I think they had 7 on the trot at one point

As for the shenanigans in the Wigan end, can't comment didn't see

#68 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

As for the shenanigans in the Wigan end, can't comment didn't see

Thankfully they weren't in the same stand as me.

I smelt smoke, looked in at the end stand and there was some sort of fight going on. About ten people involved I would say. It went on a while.

No excuse for it.

The Wigan fans sat near me could not have been more gracious in defeat BTW. They were appalled by the antics behind the posts.

That's me.  I'm done.

#69 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

One thing not mentioned yet is the appalling behaviour of a small minority of Wigan fans. Setting off smoke bombs and fighting in the stands.

I don't know who they were and I don't care. Wigan need to find out and ban them from attending. If they don't then the RFL needs to step in punish the club until they do.

I had my three year old there with me and I really don't need to see that kind of ###### when she's around.

Shameful behavior, your probably right with the numbers being around 10 hard to tell with the scrum that forms around these things, needs sorting out, reading comments on Wigan forums and social media seems no-one is being harder on this minority than other Wigan fans.

Hope the steward who was pushed/fell over the seats is ok and saw a Wigan fan with a pretty nasty cut getting treatment.

On the plus side got to see a Leyther with a beaming smile and there a rare breed and actually thought game was excellent, Huddersfields defence was outstanding, also thought the Wigan forwards gave a good account of themselves as well. Two decent looking teams who'll be there or there abouts I hope come the business end of the season.

On Friday 28th March I'm taking part in the Wigan Streetsleep, raising money for The Brick charity who try to ensure nobody in Wigan finding themselves homeless spends a 2nd night on the streets and providing help and support via a foodbank.  Every penny counts so if you can spare anything at all its much appreciated - this link will take you to my sponsorship page thanks.

#70 amh

amh
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Do you two know each other? I'm not sure? Shrek took the photo at half time of me and Steve May

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#71 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Do you two know each other? I'm not sure? Shrek took the photo at half time of me and Steve May

I had no idea I was snapping two of the TRL old guard!

Edit;
Some match pics here

Edited by shrek, 17 February 2013 - 10:04 PM.

On Friday 28th March I'm taking part in the Wigan Streetsleep, raising money for The Brick charity who try to ensure nobody in Wigan finding themselves homeless spends a 2nd night on the streets and providing help and support via a foodbank.  Every penny counts so if you can spare anything at all its much appreciated - this link will take you to my sponsorship page thanks.

#72 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users