Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

17/02/13 - Hull KR v Widnes Vikings - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull KR (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Widnes Vikings (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. Draw (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Widnes, by 10.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

last year the result went 36-0........will be much closer this time......widnes by 2

#4 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

widnes by 12, hull kr were diabolical at times against wakey and they should be without lincoln withers who is certainly one of their best players
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#5 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

It should be an interesting one. Widnes have made a decent start to the season whereas we are struggling a little bit.

If Greg Eden is free of injury, he'll go straight to full back with Craig Hall reverting to 6, which was the original plan whilst Travis Burns serves his ban.

All of our play goes left because that is how Dobson plays and having Hall alongside him will share the work to the right all being well.

SL clubs have scored 15 tries down the left already this season and I think we will have contributed well to that fact.

I think Widnes will come to turn us over and have every right to think they can achieve that. We will have to be much better but as the blind-faithed supporter that I am I am always optimistic.

Rovers by 8.

#6 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Believe we're in the "South stand".

Must remember to take my distance glasses.
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#7 RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

widnes by 12, hull kr were diabolical at times against wakey and they should be without lincoln withers who is certainly one of their best players

Withers one of our best players? Get real, he's been shocking since he signed.

Hopefully a comfortable, confidence boosting victory with Eden and Welham back.

Hull Kingston Rovers RLFC

The Pride Of East Yorkshire

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Believe we're in the "South stand".

Must remember to take my distance glasses.

And your wellies in case the tide comes in.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

HKR to get their season underway and win by 18.
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#10 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Really hard to say. We will certainly miss Cross in the forwards and Hull KR isn't a happy hunting ground for Widnesian clubs, having been over 20 years since we last won there and despite the fact that we usually finished above them in the National Leagues.

I think the bookies at +8 for Widnes are being sensible. If our defensive problems have truly been sorted and it looks like they have, I suspect we'll see a close game.

#11 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

KR look terrible, awful, so a good time to play them........but we're talking about widnes....... KR by 10

#12 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

HKR by 12.

#13 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Really hard to say. We will certainly miss Cross in the forwards and Hull KR isn't a happy hunting ground for Widnesian clubs, having been over 20 years since we last won there and despite the fact that we usually finished above them in the National Leagues.

I think the bookies at +8 for Widnes are being sensible. If our defensive problems have truly been sorted and it looks like they have, I suspect we'll see a close game.

Yes, in the National League we were always there or there abouts but I distinctly remember going into the playoffs that we always seemed to have injuries, which became quite the norm for a number of years. It was a case of so near yet so far.

I like Widnes and hope to see them justify the 3-year licence period by continued improvement. I am a supporter of the concept so best of look to you.

In 2006, when Rugby League Raw was still aired. You came to our place in the playoffs and the ref had to have a word with Barry McDermott. The ref told him to keep the shots low, to which he replied that if the east stand at Craven Park keep singing about his eye, he'd keep it up!

#14 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

KR look terrible, awful, so a good time to play them........but we're talking about widnes....... KR by 10

:D

Duly noted.
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Widnes squad: Dave Allen, Shaun Briscoe, Hep Cahill, Jon Clarke, Chris Dean, Paddy Flynn, Alex Gerrard, Rhys Hanbury, Gareth Hock, Willie Isa, Phil Joseph, Ben Kavanagh, MacGraff Leuluai, Stefan Marsh, Joe Mellor, Eamon O'Carroll, Steve Pickersgill, Lloyd White, Frank Winterstein.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Hull KR squad: Liam Salter, Omari Caro, Dale Ferguson, Graeme Horne, Adam Walker, Cory Paterson, Con Mika, Evarn Tuimavave, Kris Welham, George Griffin, Josh Hodgson, Mickey Paea, Keal Carlile, Craig Hall, Michael Dobson, David Hodgson, Greg Eden, Rhys Lovegrove, Chris Heil.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#17 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

If we drop Graeme Horne and the coach gives them the half time bollocking before the start of the game we should be ok!

#18 RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

If we drop Graeme Horne and the coach gives them the half time bollocking before the start of the game we should be ok!

How can you single out one player after the trash we have seen in the first two games? Esp one playing out of position.

Hull Kingston Rovers RLFC

The Pride Of East Yorkshire

#19 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

I think the locals will be restless if Rovers get beat in this one and it will be close. I would definitely move Hall to 6 as Dobson is a brilliant player but he cannot do it all every week.

#20 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

How can you single out one player after the trash we have seen in the first two games? Esp one playing out of position.

Very easily, his one on one defence is not up to it. He ball watches and always allows his man to get on the outside of him, and he does not have the pace to recover. Simply put he is not up to the task, so I would rather give young Heil a shot.

On a side issue it is obvious that Sandercock cannot coach defence, if the season is not to be lost we should sack him now.