Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

17/02/13 - London Broncos v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. London Broncos (11 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,402 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

I'm going for a London win. More through hope than expectation though, to be honest

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,858 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

I'm going to this one and expect London to do the business
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

London, by 6.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

It's almost traditional for Wakefield to abysmally capitulate to a London team that's previously looked incapable of winning.

#6 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Shakey by abour 12

#7 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

London to go on a run!
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#8 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

London by 8 - Wakey to repeat their performance vs Bradford

#9 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

If Gower's fit, London by 10, if he isn't, Wakey by 6.

#10 Mikeyg

Mikeyg
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

I think I should be going to this game, so the Broncos to lose.

#11 Rioman

Rioman
  • Coach
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Trinity by 12

#12 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Positivity at the Broncos has evaporated like an ice cream at Coober Pedy. Forget everything else posted about the club this one is on the players and is a MUST WIN game for their sake as well as the club's. Some of you think I moan about the club not making it to 2014 so here's the scenario.
  • Broncos continue to lose on the field
  • Crowds dip to 1200/1400 for the visit of Catalans and further on in the season
  • The club is unable to find a "friendly" soccer club looking to charge less than £ 350,000 rent to its partner revenue stream
  • David Hughes facing financial pressure and not getting any satisfaction from watching a losing team thrashed every week decides to enjoy his retirement and ceases funding the club
  • Despite being debt free the club has no buyers as its only assets are a celllar dwelling team and an evaporatring fan base
  • This dovetails nicely with the 12 club Super League faction who wish to cut the SKY pie 12 ways as opposed to 14. so RFL sadness is muted as it concentrates on "watering the grassroots" along the M62
  • The programme on 17th August headline reads "Thank you London" one final time - not a dry eye in the house..
What can the players do about it . For starters do your job, too many are still stealing a living and being out enthused by the opposition. The players job is a simple one winning Rugby League football. It's in their interests, although they will not be reading this, but are there any of them that seriously think that other clubs will be clambering over themselves to sign players from a rockbottom club even if their Super League contracts become null and void come season's end.

To quote Vince Lombardi "Winning is not everything - it's the only thing".

Win lose or draw sunday, I want to see desperation and a will to win from the team wearing the old horses head.

Edited by THE RED ROOSTER, 14 February 2013 - 08:24 PM.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#13 Quinskolar

Quinskolar
  • Coach
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Positivity at the Broncos has evaporated like an ice cream at Coober Pedy. Forget everything else posted about the club this one is on the players and is a MUST WIN game for their sake as well as the club's. Some of you think I moan about the club not making it to 2014 so here's the scenario.

• Crowds dip to 1200/1400 for the visit of Catalans and further on in the season
  • The club is unable to find a "friendly" soccer club looking to charge less than £ 350,000 rent to its partner revenue stream
  • David Hughes facing financial pressure and not getting any satisfaction from watching a losing team thrashed every week decides to enjoy his retirement and ceases funding the club
  • Despite being debt free the club has no buyers as its only assets are a celllar dwelling team and an evaporatring fan base
  • This dovetails nicely with the 12 club Super League faction who wish to cut the SKY pie 12 ways as opposed to 14. so RFL sadness is muted as it concentrates on "watering the grassroots" along the M62
  • The programme on 17th August headline reads "Thank you London" one final time - not a dry eye in the house..
What can the players do about it . For starters do your job, too many are still stealing a living and being out enthused by the opposition. The players job is a simple one winning Rugby League football. It's in their interests, although they will not be reading this, but are there any of them that seriously think that other clubs will be clambering over themselves to sign players from a rockbottom club even if their Super League contracts become null and void come season's end.

Win lose or draw sunday, I want to see desperation and a will to win from the team wearing the old horses head.

If I was a betting man, I would put my house on this scenario. Then again knowing the Broncos we will probably end up at Wembley. Boy, is the Stoop gonna feel like a morgue (if it doesn't already) if Broncos lose on Sunday. A long season.....but at least we have the prospect of the Skolars busting a gut for promotion!

#14 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Woa!

Hang on a minute, London has oft been the proverbial banana skin for Trinity but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
Where has this line of thought come from, the one which suggests that London are such favourites to beat Wakefield that anything else is a disaster for the Broncos and announces the beginning of the end for RL in the capital.

Wakefield are a very decent side and beating them will be tough for most while losing to them is far from embarrassing or disastrous.

#15 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Good stuff. Continuing the theme of quotes from American football, one might add this simple one from Al Davis:

Posted Image

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

London squad: Chris Bailey, Mark Bryant, Michael Channing, Matt Cook, Liam Colbon, Kieran Dixon, Craig Gower, Alex Hurst, Antonio Kaufusi, Olsi Krasniqi, Tommy Lee, Will Lovell, Chris Melling, Jamie O'Callaghan, Chad Randall, Michael Roberston, Shane Rodney, Scott Wheeldon, Michael Witt.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Wakefield squad: Richard Mathers, Peter Fox, Dean Collis, Ben Cockayne, Paul Sykes, Tim Smith, Justin Poore, Paul Aiton, Andy Raleigh, Ali Lauiti'iti, Danny Kirmond, Danny Washbrook, Kyle Wood, Kyle Amor, Oliver Wilkes, Frankie Mariano, Vince Mellars, Reece Lyne, Chris Annakin.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Where has this line of thought come from, the one which suggests that London are such favourites to beat Wakefield that anything else is a disaster for the Broncos and announces the beginning of the end for RL in the capital.

I don't think anyone has downplayed Wakefield.

What is being said is that if London have three losses out of three after Sunday's game, their season is almost over before it has barely started and the downward spiral continues. After all they would have lost two fixtures they won last year in what was a grim season.

Personally I think Wakefield showed in their run at the end of last year that they are strong minded whereas London look a mentally weak team to me. If Wakefield score early I can see the heads going down again.

#19 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,768 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Playing at the Stoop os the problem. A soulless morgue - the home of RU

#20 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

I am looking forward to seeing the game. Trinity are a decent side, while London have a lot of talent. I have loved watching hundreds of Bronco games over the years and would be sad to see them go, but I genuinely believe that we do not need a London team to keep up our profile in London. We should make sure there are half a dozen "events" in London every year - charity shield, an England game, millennium magic, a couple of on the road fixtures and an Exiles game (which would be an easier sell to London Anzacs than northerners). Londoners are more likely to turn out in numbers to watch Saints Wigan than Broncos against either of them. Virtually no Londoners associate themselves with London as a single concept. They are mostly from somewhere else or like their town within the city. The vichies get massive crowds for events involving no London teams with entertainment at the cheese rolling level solely because they are events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users