Photo
- - - - -

17/02/13 - London Broncos v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. London Broncos (11 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Quinskolar

Quinskolar
  • Coach
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I am looking forward to seeing the game. Trinity are a decent side, while London have a lot of talent. I have loved watching hundreds of Bronco games over the years and would be sad to see them go, but I genuinely believe that we do not need a London team to keep up our profile in London. We should make sure there are half a dozen "events" in London every year - charity shield, an England game, millennium magic, a couple of on the road fixtures and an Exiles game (which would be an easier sell to London Anzacs than northerners). Londoners are more likely to turn out in numbers to watch Saints Wigan than Broncos against either of them. Virtually no Londoners associate themselves with London as a single concept. They are mostly from somewhere else or like their town within the city. The vichies get massive crowds for events involving no London teams with entertainment at the cheese rolling level solely because they are events.

Don't worry if the Broncos go ####-up, the Skolars will do London proud!

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

0-18 according to the BBC site, so again I dunno how reliable it is.

Edited by hindle xiii, 17 February 2013 - 04:25 PM.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

0-22

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#24 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

0-28 FT

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#25 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

All smiles in London I see :S
Posted Image

#26 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,021 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Well the 1800 people who turned up for this were treated to......errrrr........well not a lot really.

Wakey neve got out of second gear and even bombed about 3 tries and missed 4 kicks. On this showing London will do well to get nil every week.

Couple of points....

Wakey look a decent side
Kirmond should be a shoe in for England
London really need to sort themselves out as half that team don't even look as they want to be there
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#27 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

I think it's a real shame that the Broncos are basically letting the side down in London. So much positive stuff is going on in the city now and yet for whatever reason the team are not producing, presumably because they are made up of predominantly journeyman Australians. I really would love to see them making a success of it but if this carries on for many more games then nobody will turn up and the whole thing will be dead.

#28 Dean

Dean
  • Coach
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Broncos were incredibly lucky only to be 6-nil down at halftime. Wakey bombed several chances, London didn't ever look like scoring. Yet another pitiful display.

#29 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

I was at Chelsea v Brentford. From what others have said on here it doesn't sound like I missed much!

#30 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

The RFL would only be doing Broncos a favour if they just relegated them. They just can't handle Super League. They don't have enough fans to be competitive and every year the problem gets worse.

#31 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Clueless and without direction at the top, completely inept on the pitch.

London Bronco's need a Koukash

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#32 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

The RFL would only be doing Broncos a favour if they just relegated them. They just can't handle Super League. They don't have enough fans to be competitive and every year the problem gets worse.

It's not use number of fans that's the issue. It's the club structure.
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#33 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

It would seem to be everything. The only thing the club has going for them is the number of kids playing RL in London these days. Unfortunately few of them are currently SL standard and they don't have the cash to keep the ones that are. Even if the club could reform its structure, it is probably too late. They need to regroup in a league where they can be competitive.

#34 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Clueless and without direction at the top, completely inept on the pitch.

London Bronco's need a Koukash

I agree with this, the potential is there, it's just that poor management decisions continue to be made. When Powell left that was the chance to change the culture of the club, instead they went for a coach who didn't achieve anything in his last tenure as coach, despite having the luxury of being able to pick as many antipodean players possible. The club is poorly run and lacks the excitement and expectation needed in order to get the locals on board. It's not that Rugby League in London can't be successful, but you have to do things right and decision making is important at this level. Brian Smith, Mick Potter and Brian Noble were all out of jobs at the point when Powell left, why didn't we go for them? If you want to be the best then you need to bring in the best coaches or do whatever is possible to get them. It is rumoured that Noble wanted to coach us but we turned him down, if this is true then it's an absolute disgrace, here is a man who has proven success and winners medals but we he wasn't on our radar and that was a wrong call.

David Hughes and Gus Mackay need to sit down and come up with some radical ideas in order to change the losing culture and bring the excitement back into the club, that's what's missing. If you don't have it then fans will stay at home, players won't want to sign for you and it's an endless cycle.

#35 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Perhaps there are just two options -
Both will be viewed as the right thing to do by about half the fans of the game, and as an horrific affront to the others

Either they are left to be relegate OR

The RFL act as sponsors and commit to bankroll the club for the next decade so that some way can be found to grow crowds and protect development in London.

#36 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Don't think that's the solution, yes the RFL need to step in but the club needs a new direction and more focused, determined management.
I'd like the RFL to step in and look for a new owner much in the same way they have with Salford, with Brian Barwick on board you would think he has some contacts who he can sell the club to.

#37 Magic XIII

Magic XIII
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

I was at Chelsea v Brentford. From what others have said on here it doesn't sound like I missed much!

I was at The Bridge and wish I hadn't bothered getting over to The Stoop.

#38 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

The RFL act as sponsors and commit to bankroll the club for the next decade so that some way can be found to grow crowds and protect development in London.

Where does the cash come from?

#39 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Don't think that's the solution, yes the RFL need to step in but the club needs a new direction and more focused, determined management.
I'd like the RFL to step in and look for a new owner much in the same way they have with Salford, with Brian Barwick on board you would think he has some contacts who he can sell the club to.

It'd be great if they could but Broncos are a white elephant.Yes, I'd have said the same of Salford but there are degrees of whiteness (and elephantiness). 1,887 supporters is just not sustainable even with big cash injections.

#40 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,544 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

There's no dressing it up its a terrible crowd and a bad result. But we are only 3 games into the season, lets have a bit of perspective.

Not entirely sure why Chris Irvine had to tweet that Fev got a bigger crowd? Will this improve things somehow?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users