League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

17/02/13 - London Broncos v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. London Broncos (11 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Is that true or bar room gossip? I heard a very different story about training sessions with Melbourne.

taken from loverugbyleague
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#102 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Story on SMH website with Melbourne blaming the RFL for not letting them play the Bronco's, with the Bronco's not being prepared to pay some of the costs the reason

http://www.smh.com.a...0218-2enio.html

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#103 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,787 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Story on SMH website with Melbourne blaming the RFL for not letting them play the Bronco's, with the Bronco's not being prepared to pay some of the costs the reason

http://www.smh.com.a...0218-2enio.html

To be honest I'm glad it didnt go ahead. The last Melbourne v London warm-up game was clearly played as a friendly rather than a full blooded contest (which I had paid money for). London were 20 nil or so up and then took off the best players - and effectively let Melbourne win. A waste of fans money - unless it had been free and advertised as a warm up (I wouldnt have gone anyway).

#104 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Some good points in this thread. As I was going out of the ground to catch my flight to NZ to join the England tour, I looked back at the Etihad stand and could see just how few home fans there are left. which is a perspective you do not get when sitting in the stand.
As for Melbourne, it's the last NRL Club you would want. Most Victorian's in London are ARL fans and IIRC the crowd when we last played Melbourne as premiers was topped up by 400 free tickets distributed amongst the transient Australian community.
The Broncos needed a good start to the season, have not got it, and I'm afraid until the side performs on the field all other postings about moves, finance, merchandising and Gus Mackay are pointless as increasingly the club itself is becoming. :(

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#105 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,972 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

The Broncos needed a good start to the season, have not got it, and I'm afraid until the side performs on the field all other postings about moves, finance, merchandising and Gus Mackay are pointless as increasingly the club itself is becoming. :(

When challenged about the point of the Broncos the answer is always player development - somewhere other than parts of the M62 & Cumbria where pro's can come from in number.

Your considered take on that?

#106 Magic XIII

Magic XIII
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

When challenged about the point of the Broncos the answer is always player development - somewhere other than parts of the M62 & Cumbria where pro's can come from in number.

Your considered take on that?

Player development alongside a competitive first team, retention of the fast decreasing core support, clarity in club future and improved marketing of club would be a starting point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users