• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

See here and add your name if you'd like to see annual P&R
I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Signed
Im Fev and im proud

#3 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'm one of the biggest fans of bringing back P&R but I think it will do more damage to our club than help it. As all the hard work our club as put in over the years to get us into SL could all depend on one season if P&R returns now. It could be a case of twist or bust in that one season for us. I agree for the game P&R needs to return but for Fev rovers no it doesn't IMO.

#4 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'm one of the biggest fans of bringing back P&R but I think it will do more damage to our club than help it. As all the hard work our club as put in over the years to get us into SL could all depend on one season if P&R returns now. It could be a case of twist or bust in that one season for us. I agree for the game P&R needs to return but for Fev rovers no it doesn't IMO.

I agree I think, P&R should be reinstated at some point... but not right now... for all its ills, franchising has genuinely helped our club.

Cummins Out.

#5 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Or sign the earlier one that Andy Burnham instigated, that asked for exactly the same thing.

http://www.loverugby...n-petition.html

I'd love P&R to come back, but for it to work properly, the gap between SL & the Championship in terms of funding, FT v PT players, etc needs to be closed somewhat first.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#6 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

They need to raise the salary cap in the Championship, split the central funding money on a fairer scale.

I thought that they were doing a good job with the Championships until this year and the twinning fiasco (and it is a fiasco), theyve undone a lot of hard work there.

Cummins Out.

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

I'd love P&R to come back, but for it to work properly, the gap between SL & the Championship in terms of funding, FT v PT players, etc needs to be closed somewhat first.

Spot on. Other things too - like the opportunity to build a team instead of signing what's left.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#8 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Spot on. Other things too - like the opportunity to build a team instead of signing what's left.

Exactly, which having a narrower gap would enable a tea

They need to raise the salary cap in the Championship, split the central funding money on a fairer scale.

I thought that they were doing a good job with the Championships until this year and the twinning fiasco (and it is a fiasco), theyve undone a lot of hard work there.

I agree. Re the salary cap though, it's only a couple of years since it was lowered at the request of the clubs. We'd benefit now of course, but I suspect many of those lower down wouldn't, and we'd just end up with a bigger gap in our current league. More funding is needed throughout, but obviously there is no easy solution to that one, otherwise these issues wouldn't be here.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#9 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Exactly, which having a narrower gap would enable a tea

I agree. Re the salary cap though, it's only a couple of years since it was lowered at the request of the clubs. We'd benefit now of course, but I suspect many of those lower down wouldn't, and we'd just end up with a bigger gap in our current league. More funding is needed throughout, but obviously there is no easy solution to that one, otherwise these issues wouldn't be here.

I think that's where the 2 tier thing would come in gaz. As the ones that could pay an upped salary cap and want SL that are not in the elite league would enter the 2nd tier. I just think the 2 tier thing is the way to go if its policed properly that is.

#10 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

My only problem with the 2 tier super league is that i think sky would only be interested in tier 1.......and eventually the tier 1 clubs would just swallow up all the money and we'd be in a smaller version of what we've got now...........then once the gap started to increase between the 2 tiers they would try to scrap promotion/relegation between them again.

The best way forward in my opinion is super league money being ploughed into the championships to make the competitions closer in standard (and cap spend) to a point where we can bring back P&R..........unfortunately this won't happen as each club will act in it's own interest (understandably)........not the good of the game.

We really need to invest in the heartlands now........once RL is massively popular in the heartlands it will naturally expand - If you keep pouring lager into a pint glass it'll overflow and you'll need more glasses........there's no point taking your lager to a coffee shop where they prefer skinny late's :huh:

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

#11 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

See here and add your name if you'd like to see annual P&R

Can't download the petition, something toi do with the browser, but by all means please add my name. James Colin Smith.

#12 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Can't download the petition, something toi do with the browser, but by all means please add my name. James Colin Smith.

You have to sign yourself Colin
Im Fev and im proud

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

My only problem with the 2 tier super league is that i think sky would only be interested in tier 1.......and eventually the tier 1 clubs would just swallow up all the money and we'd be in a smaller version of what we've got now...........then once the gap started to increase between the 2 tiers they would try to scrap promotion/relegation between them again.

Yep. I agree. In which case, things would be much as they are now.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users