• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I much prefer a pint in fax rather than b'pool, which is a toilet! !! But im not representative of the majority.
B'pool made the comp a bit special. The shay doesn't and I hope the comp won't get sacked off by folk because of it.
I'll live wwith it. I'll be there if fev get to the final... come what may.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#62 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Thinking about it, is the NRC final televised? If so, I would expect the TV cameras to be in their usual position in the middle of the Skircoat stand, which will prospectively mean that at least one set of supporters will not be able to see a significant proportion of the pitch. :rolleyes: Not really great is it?

Edited by gazza77, 14 February 2013 - 03:25 PM.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#63 Pride & Heritage

Pride & Heritage
  • Coach
  • 464 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

I may be wrong here, but don't the RFL own Odsal now, as part of bailing the Bulls out? Therefore they could hold the final there with no cost to themselves and it would be a neutral ground for whoever gets to the final. Neither Bradford or Halifax could be classed as glamorous, so I fail to see the difference?

The Shay is owned by the council isn't it as well? So surely they will charge some kind of fee for hiring it out for the day as they do for Halifax on game days, which is taking money out of the game anyway?

Another C*ck up by the RFL

Edited by Pride & Heritage, 14 February 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#64 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

I may be wrong here, but don't the RFL own Odsal now, as part of bailing the Bulls out? Therefore they could hold the final there with no cost to themselves and it would be a neutral ground for whoever gets to the final. Neither Bradford or Halifax could be classed as glamorous, so I fail to see the difference?

The Shay is owned by the council isn't it as well? So surely they will charge some kind of fee for hiring it out for the day as they do for Halifax on game days, which is taking money out of the game anyway?

Another C*ck up by the RFL

The Bulls host Hull FC the day after, it'll take a while to wash away the bile of the common folk...

:P

Nah, seemed a decent and apparent choice to me, but it would also be met with ridicule and derision so lose-lose.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#65 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Thinking about it, is the NRC final televised? If so, I would expect the TV cameras to be in their usual position in the middle of the Skircoat stand, which will prospectively mean that at least one set of supporters will not be able to see a significant proportion of the pitch. :rolleyes: Not really great is it?

The cameras can go in the East Stand. That's where the BBC were when we played Bradford.

#66 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

The cameras can go in the East Stand. That's where the BBC were when we played Bradford.

The east stand is the skircoat isn't it? Or an I getting my geography muddled up?

Edit: nope, I was confused. Cameras were definitely in the skircoat for televised Fev games though. I hope there is a better solution.

Edited by gazza77, 14 February 2013 - 06:10 PM.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#67 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

The east stand is the skircoat isn't it? Or an I getting my geography muddled up?

Edit: nope, I was confused. Cameras were definitely in the skircoat for televised Fev games though. I hope there is a better solution.

Premier Sports film it from that stand on scaffolding for some reason. Probably so it facing the main stand. But the BBC and SKY put the cameras in the East stand when the Skircoat stand Is in use.

#68 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

a idea could have been to drag the NRC out abit and play the final in london,at the stoop?,on the friday night before the challenge cup final on the saturday....

shame we've not got a decent stadium at oldham.....boundary park is perfectly placed for lanashire & yorkshire teams

Edited by roughyedspud, 15 February 2013 - 01:58 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#69 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Advice to people going to Halifax for the game. There are some good pubs in Halifax but don't go into The Three Pigeons.

#70 Bazz

Bazz
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Advice to people going to Halifax for the game. There are some good pubs in Halifax but don't go into The Three Pigeons.

Why?

When I've been to Halifax it was the best pub with lots of Ossett beers.Or has it changed?

#71 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

terrible pub. Avoid at all costs. The beer is awful!!

#72 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

I'm just guessing here bazz, but I'm reckoning that you don't do irony do you?? :lol:

Edited by Robin Evans, 15 February 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#73 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Why?

When I've been to Halifax it was the best pub with lots of Ossett beers.Or has it changed?

Shhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't want it getting too busy before the final. :D

#74 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users