Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

4th Vs 5th & GT's return

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

I think were gonna paste em 36 - 4 :D

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#2 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I think were gonna paste em 36 - 4 :D

Ha ha ha 😆😆😆 not gonna happen !!!

Edited by badger24, 13 February 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#3 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

The least I will say is that you are going to see a more competitive Knights than we have had for a season or two... or three.

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Thats why i only went for 36 not the fifty odd we got last season

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

How many DRs are you gonna be fielding I wonder ...

#6 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

You may laugh PM, but do not underestimate the astute coaching brain of GT. He knows the Mount Pleasant slope like the back of his hand, and his kickers will be well prompted.

His forwards (including the dangerous Stenchion) will be well aware of who "runs hard" and who to put a three man tackle on.

His younger players will also be chomping at the bit to impress their new premier. The way in which GT progressed players at our club should not be dismissed. I`m sure there are several former Bulldogs, who are indebted to him for the influence he has had on their early careers.

As the York fans above are alluding to, this is going to be a very different York team this season, a very different team indeed!! ;) ;) ;)

#7 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Even with half a team of Hull players we will still have too much for York i go 28 - 16.
^_^

#8 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Even with half a team of Hull players we will still have too much for York i go 28 - 16.
^_^

Is 4 half a team ??????
And they play for york they wear the shirt and show 100% commitment to the team. They have played in all games so far and Tom lineham came through knights scholarship so you think what you like but we are york knights . 😠

#9 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

Don't think this will be as easy as some of you are posting.
With the DR players they are considerably stronger this year.
Personally I think this new agreement with SL clubs is a joke.

#10 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Don't think this will be a pushover. They have, IMO, the best on field kicker in the league now and I anticipate that our back 3 will be kept very busy. Hopefully it will not be too windy for them.
However, if we are to make an impression on the league this year, we should take the 3 points.

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

I'm really looking forward to visiting the LoveRugbyLeague.com Stadium this Sunday, Paul's treating me to a pre-match meal as a sponsor, even though I'm working for the enemy!

I love this game.

On the pitch I think (hope) it will be a much closer game, though from what I've heard from my mate AJ Batley are a class outfit this year. Hoping for a great game and at least a bonus point and I will be happy.

:D
Posted Image

#12 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'm really looking forward to visiting the LoveRugbyLeague.com Stadium this Sunday, Paul's treating me to a pre-match meal as a sponsor, even though I'm working for the enemy!

I love this game.

On the pitch I think (hope) it will be a much closer game, though from what I've heard from my mate AJ Batley are a class outfit this year. Hoping for a great game and at least a bonus point and I will be happy.

:D

A bonus point would do me Gav, I dont mind them getting one lol.

#13 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 926 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

looking forward to a decent game, i dont get all this dr at all,if as is posted above these 4 are 100% commited to the team,how come they aint been 100% commited to hull and grabbed a place in that squad, and if your youngsters are"chomping at the bit" surely 4 of them are waterboys for the day due to the dr having there shirts on. i do think it does more damage once the players arnt able to turn out for you or return back to hull. i will go 22-16 to the dogs,

#14 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Will be closer than some think and will definitely not be a rollover. People point at Yorks D/R players but theres a lot of proven championship players in there like Brown, Ford and Pressley. Think Dogs 24-20 York. Would like to see a few changes to the team after last week and with Walmsley missing. Team id go for would be:

Greenwood, Potts, Walton, Maun (if fit), Johnson, Black, Whitmore, Smith, Mennell, Rowe, Applegarth, Davies, Lindsay.
Subs: Flanagan, Hirst, Potter, Bretherton

#15 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Although Alex may be missing on Sunday it looks as if Dan Fleming may be available as he hasn't been selected in the Cas 19. Perhaps JK will give him a run out??

#16 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

So you have DR players as well in walmsley and Fleming . So what the hell is everyone bothered about york for then ?????????

Just saying !!!!!!!

#17 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Batley to win comfortably, maybe 40-12

York to employ GTs legendary 5 drives and a kick tactics and show us some stunning one man rugby.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#18 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

On Sunday I would give Campbell, Maun and Scott a game and recall Hirst and Flanagan. With Barrow to play on Thursday I would rest either Rowe or Davies and play a couple of Dual Registration players.

Not been impressed by Hemmingway or Whitmore at scrum half so it would be a toss up between the two who plays there.

If Batley continue with the offloading style of play and cut down the errors and improve the kicking game it should be an attractive game to watch and a Batley win.

Edited by bulldogtrev, 14 February 2013 - 06:33 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#19 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Batley to win comfortably, maybe 40-12

York to employ GTs legendary 5 drives and a kick tactics and show us some stunning one man rugby.

well i havent seen any of that in the 5 games i have watched so far so make sure your full back doesnt go on a walkabout and as fredm says we have the best field kicker in this league

#20 Philius T Wilderbeest

Philius T Wilderbeest
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

So you have DR players as well in walmsley and Fleming . So what the hell is everyone bothered about york for then ?????????

Just saying !!!!!!!

You're missing the point. Walmsley was a Batley player in 2012, and his dual registration was agreed way prior to the start of this season as a part of the deal with Saints. Fleming joined on dual registration from Castleford at a similar time, and hasn't played for us as yet. As part of your link up with Hull, you've dual registered their ENTIRE squad, and have the choice of picking from any of their out of favour players. Maybe you're even obliged to pick them, who knows? Only a slight difference there, then......
This sort of partnership has potentially catastrophic consequences for RL at our level, no matter how hard some individuals are trying to sugar coat it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users