Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Centre!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

When we get the three big forwards back from injury I wonder if Holty will be tempted to put Liam Harrison back into the centre.
I reckon it's a goer,thoughts?

#2 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

we need a centre who can break the line and Harrison fits the bill

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#3 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Always thought this !

Posted Image

#4 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

we need a centre who can break the line and Harrison fits the bill

We also need a few props that can break the line

#5 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

If Harrison goes to centre there will be no go forward in the middle of the field. Simples, sorry.

#6 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

If Harrison goes to centre there will be no go forward in the middle of the field. Simples, sorry.

I disagree,the likes of Dawson,both Haggertys and even Whitehead took us forward on Sunday,Liam tends to run a little wider still anyhow?

#7 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Whilst they are decent lads, Harrison has the best go forward of them all. Put him to centre and the team loses the go forward he gives in the middle.

#8 noelot

noelot
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Whilst they are decent lads, Harrison has the best go forward of them all. Put him to centre and the team loses the go forward he gives in the middle.

As good as Liam is in the forwards, we not only lose the best centre on the books, and probably one of the best in the division...imo we effectively neutralize the relevant flank ... due to the lack of descent service and the line breaking ability our wingmen need,,

as an example James Nixons 30 tries per season with Liam inside...... Bill Burgess was the last Barrow player to achieve this I believe..and Nicco will be the last i'm sure...this is not a slight on the current centres...they give 100% always, but we need at least one flank that can trouble defences

#9 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

As good as Liam is in the forwards, we not only lose the best centre on the books, and probably one of the best in the division...imo we effectively neutralize the relevant flank ... due to the lack of descent service and the line breaking ability our wingmen need,,

as an example James Nixons 30 tries per season with Liam inside...... Bill Burgess was the last Barrow player to achieve this I believe..and Nicco will be the last i'm sure...this is not a slight on the current centres...they give 100% always, but we need at least one flank that can trouble defences

Correct,if teams don't think that we are a threat out wide they will quite happily compact their defence and take us on down the middle,lets stretch them out a bit and give them something to think about.

#10 beachy01

beachy01
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

thing is you have to go forward before you go wide, if your team has no go forward then its pointless going wide

liam is the best go-forward forward we have leave him there IMO

#11 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

I can't comment on his best position, but he was certainly your stand out player yesterday. :)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#12 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

he usually is Gaz

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#13 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Some sense Beachy01

If you get mullered in the forwards then your outside backs become pedestrians. You need dominant forwards and without that you have no go forward up the middle or out wide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users