- - - - -

Northern Rail

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

The final is no longer in Blackpool :( I really enjoyed the day out there.

Instead it's going to be held at the Shay?? Surely this would give Halifax an unfair home advantage should they reach the final?

#2 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

What a stupid decision. Ok move from Blackpool if it was too expensive but surely there are SL stadia that could be used which would keep it neutral.

#3 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Christ on a bike. It's hardly worth entering! What an anti-climax - a day out in Halifax. I've been on one of them before - they're not good.

#4 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

For me the possibility of the day out in Blackpool is part of what made the NRC a success.

Is the final going to be held at a different CC club every year?

#5 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Could be worse.Final at Rams Stadium and a night out in the Time Piece.

#6 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Well you're all wrong. Because

"The Northern Rail Cup final has always delivered a feast of entertaining Rugby League and the introduction of the Northern Rail Bowl will make this great occasion even more memorable.

"This is a very exciting year for the sport with an expanded Championship and three new clubs entering Championship One: with an extra trophy up for grabs, I fully expect the action to be even more cut-throat over the coming months.

"Every team now has a realistic possibility of a final appearance on the big stage: from the moment the ball is kicked-off in every Northern Rail Cup fixture, every pass, every tackle and every score will count!"

And Ralph Rim-Man said that. What a convincing argument.

And duel reg is a brilliant idea, and killing u-20 system will definitely lead to a world cup win and long term International success.

Listen, and learn championship plebs. Everythings OK!!!

Schmucks!

#7 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

The Bowl is to be contested by the 2 winners of the Championship 1 sections. The winners of these sections go through into the next round of the cup so what if by chance they go all the way and reach the Final of the competition? Very doubtful I know but it could happen so who would then contest the Bowl?
I presume they have never heard of Bradford City and the Capital One cup?

#8 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

The Bowl is to be contested by the 2 winners of the Championship 1 sections. The winners of these sections go through into the next round of the cup so what if by chance they go all the way and reach the Final of the competition? Very doubtful I know but it could happen so who would then contest the Bowl?

If one of the champ one clubs does make the final then the 2nd highest team in their group will contest the bowl fredm. ( That is what the RFL have said anyway but we all know that could change)

#9 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Fred i bet villa wish they had never heard of Bradford City :)
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#10 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

There's always one, isn't there! lol.

Anyway, at least Doug Ellis is sponsoring the Championship now.

#11 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

How to devalue a competition that needs as much publicity as it can in one fell swoop.

Farce
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#12 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Well you're all wrong. Because

"The Northern Rail Cup final has always delivered a feast of entertaining Rugby League and the introduction of the Northern Rail Bowl will make this great occasion even more memorable.

"This is a very exciting year for the sport with an expanded Championship and three new clubs entering Championship One: with an extra trophy up for grabs, I fully expect the action to be even more cut-throat over the coming months.

"Every team now has a realistic possibility of a final appearance on the big stage: from the moment the ball is kicked-off in every Northern Rail Cup fixture, every pass, every tackle and every score will count!"

And Ralph Rim-Man said that. What a convincing argument.

And duel reg is a brilliant idea, and killing u-20 system will definitely lead to a world cup win and long term International success.

Listen, and learn championship plebs. Everythings OK!!!

Schmucks!

Super Optimist !!!!!!

#13 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Another daft decision I'm afraid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users