Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet match

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 804 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Fax , eagles and Donny winning so far, close in these games though.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#22 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 804 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

14-4 10/15 mins left.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#23 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 804 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Ft Dewsbury won 14-4.

[

#24 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 942 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Kicks seem to be proving an issue! Didn't go but was rather hoping we could deny the BP and we would have done with the extras! Happy with 3 point though :D

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#25 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Kicks seem to be proving an issue! Didn't go but was rather hoping we could deny the BP and we would have done with the extras! Happy with 3 point though :D

Wish I'd stayed at home. Coleman is c.rap. I've had more fun waiting in A&E. Bored to tears!!!

#26 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Gee Eddie what do you want, you've just won a game, away from home in what will be a very tough league against a side who look as if they have improved from last year. 2 wins and a BP (very unfortunate not to be 3 wins) from your first 3 games. What more do you want, and that's from a Batley fan!

#27 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

That the worst display of rugby ive seen for a while hunslet were rubbish liking ideas and direction and we wasnt much better.

yes 3 points but poor performance

and shows what we all know and have known for years.we cannot play 2 games the same on the trot.

#28 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Nick
the game is not about winning
the performance is important
you may just go watch batley to see them win.
i go to take it all in....and today was boring and poor.

#29 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Nick
the game is not about winning
the performance is important
you may just go watch batley to see them win.
i go to take it all in....and today was boring and poor.

I do agree with you to a degree Coolie, but at the same time i'd rather play ###### and win than see an entertaining defeat.

Some weeks the team is going to be completely off colour. But if you can still get the victory, that's all that matters.

And to the players and their pay packets, winning is all that matters!

#30 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

i somewhat agree with coolie it was a moderate performance but in hindsight i think last sundays efforts have taken a toll on this weeks

#31 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

thought we played well in the first half when the backs played well but in the second half Coleman decided he was doing everything, sadly he's not that good, should have stayed with the first half game plan and would have won by a lot more, lets hope they learn from this and push on.Three hard earned points.

#32 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Made hard work of it today, but a wins a win. We applied a lot of pressure but again too many 'ambitious' passes in critical areas and gave away far too many silly pens.

Thought our line defence was really good but kicking game with the exception of 2 or 3 was poor. Easy to be critical of Coleman but its his first 'real' game so need to give him a run or another 2 or 3 which I would with who we've got coming up.

It's a new team and a learning curve, so we have to be patient. We have a point more than I thought so for me it's not all bad.

Fair play to Hawks tho, did a sterling job overall to make it a close game.
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#33 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Made hard work of it today, but a wins a win. We applied a lot of pressure but again too many 'ambitious' passes in critical areas and gave away far too many silly pens.

Thought our line defence was really good but kicking game with the exception of 2 or 3 was poor. Easy to be critical of Coleman but its his first 'real' game so need to give him a run or another 2 or 3 which I would with who we've got coming up.

It's a new team and a learning curve, so we have to be patient. We have a point more than I thought so for me it's not all bad.

Fair play to Hawks tho, did a sterling job overall to make it a close game.

Poor game to watch, probably the highlight was Merrick twisting his ankle. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Grimshaw always looked dangerous for the Hawks, wish we had him. End of the day 7 points from 9 and defence performing pretty well. We need some spark with the ball though and after today I think we are going to need some more pace. Price and Morton both put clear but found wanting. Anyway next weeks another game, who knows. By the way GFDU, I see Fev were also feeling the effects of last week. Good job otherwise they may have topped the ton. :D

#34 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Gee Eddie what do you want, you've just won a game, away from home in what will be a very tough league against a side who look as if they have improved from last year. 2 wins and a BP (very unfortunate not to be 3 wins) from your first 3 games. What more do you want, and that's from a Batley fan!

You wasn't at the game so you can't comment.

Dewsbury gave away far too many silly penalty's.
We still need to find a goal-kicker.
Maybe I am too harsh sometimes but I was looking forward to an entertaining game of rugby, but maybe we were still feeling the effects of last week.
I for one am looking forward to Johnson playing at scrum-half as both Coleman and Spaven don't look up for the role.
Pryce still looks unfit.
Going to get a copy of the game and watch it when I've trouble sleeping as I'll be asleep in no time! Rant over!!!

#35 S.T.R

S.T.R
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

i somewhat agree with coolie it was a moderate performance but in hindsight i think last sundays efforts have taken a toll on this weeks

I think moderate is a bit generous there GFDU, at times we looked clueless, and your second point about last week, well it didn`t seem to effect Featherstone`s performance today
For me the highlight of the match was the ref`s impression of a premiership footballer

still a win`s a win
When I want your opinion, I will remove the gaffer tape

#36 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I think moderate is a bit generous there GFDU, at times we looked clueless, and your second point about last week, well it didn`t seem to effect Featherstone`s performance today
For me the highlight of the match was the ref`s impression of a premiership footballer

still a win`s a win

Yes a win, is a win, but why did I and so many others return home feeling like we'd lost?

#37 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

You wasn't at the game so you can't comment.

Dewsbury gave away far too many silly penalty's.
We still need to find a goal-kicker.
Maybe I am too harsh sometimes but I was looking forward to an entertaining game of rugby, but maybe we were still feeling the effects of last week.
I for one am looking forward to Johnson playing at scrum-half as both Coleman and Spaven don't look up for the role.
Pryce still looks unfit.
Going to get a copy of the game and watch it when I've trouble sleeping as I'll be asleep in no time! Rant over!!!

Fair point Edward. I was just commenting on your start to the season in general.

Cant remember many entertaining games at the SLS in recent history, apart from our win there last year, albeit against a struggling Hawks side.

Games there always seem to be scrappy and down the middle for some reason.

#38 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Glens selection policy seems fair. Thought Spaven deserved to be dropped, thought Colemen did OK in his place.

Not sure how interested Pryce is or maybe just not fit??

Morton has yet to impress and his goal kicking was average.

Surely Elliot Cosgrove is worth a place in the 17?

Posted Image

#39 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Fair point Edward. I was just commenting on your start to the season in general.

Cant remember many entertaining games at the SLS in recent history, apart from our win there last year, albeit against a struggling Hawks side.

Games there always seem to be scrappy and down the middle for some reason.

After the Featherstone game I thought we'd put in a good performance against Hunslet but there was no passion there. I know it was Coleman's first real game of the season but he tried to do it all himself. There was nothing coming from the half-backs yet, in fairness to them I thought our attack were playing too deep. So by the time the ball reached them Hunslet's defense were on top of them.
Maybe the pitch was too wide or the ground wasn't muddy enough or then again I guess it was just going to be one of them days.
Onwards and upwards bring on Whitehaven with a much improved performance!

#40 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Glens selection policy seems fair. Thought Spaven deserved to be dropped, thought Colemen did OK in his place.

Not sure how interested Pryce is or maybe just not fit??

Morton has yet to impress and his goal kicking was average.

Surely Elliot Cosgrove is worth a place in the 17?

After today's performance I'd even give Akaidere a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users