RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet match

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

nah, we have what we have. Fev weren't smart enough on finals day for a sheffield team well up for it. C'est la vie.
I'm a "top of the table wins it" bloke, but if we have to have the play offs - and the telly and the RFL like it, and most fans like a jolly up at the end of the season which seems to me that most seem happy with the system we have.
Be honest I'd prefer a top 4 or five play off rather than the current complex and daft system which to me, rewards mediocrity.
Finishing top gives us the easiest route through the play offs. It's then up to us to capitalise on it.
Personally in 2013 I think it's too early to tell who's the best team... but Fev are probably in most people's thoughts when/if it's being discussed. As I said, we'll see.

With you on this one Robin, BUT I didn't mind Dewsbury winning the championship in '73 from eighth place!
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#82 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Im a little bit old school and to me the team that finishes top of the league at the end of a long season is the best team.
This aussie play off system is not my idea of ending the season, we should have a yorks and lancs cup in its place or something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users