17 replies to this topic

#1 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...kshire-21456139

Railway closed for upto 8 weeks, could see it being much longer
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#2 Les Ironcats

Les Ironcats
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

How am I supposed to get to watch the Eagles now ? Replacement buses adding an hour each way to journey

#3 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,398 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Story was on the regional news last night. Some of the pictures were astonishing. It's sheer good fortune this wasn't a major disaster.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I worked at Hatfield Main for 12 years

The ground is still moving and they don't have a clue of when repair work can start, the lads who are still working at the pit are worried for their jobs because no one seems to know where the liability will lie.

It has also closed the Hull to Doncaster line which joins the Scunny to Doncaster line just to the West of Thorne.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Travelled by "train" from Hull to Lincoln last Saturday. First leg. Hull to Donny, was a replacement bus service. Wasn't so bad, got us there in reasonable time. Only down side was calling at Goole train station. Does anybody know when aliens first landed there?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Travelled by "train" from Hull to Lincoln last Saturday. First leg. Hull to Donny, was a replacement bus service. Wasn't so bad, got us there in reasonable time. Only down side was calling at Goole train station. Does anybody know when aliens first landed there?

Last Saturday.
B) ;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#7 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Last Saturday.
B) ;)

What a coincidence. :(

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#8 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

I used to go out with a girl from Goole and when we went out she would always point out "nutty Graham" - the lad whose parents were brother and sister

Good Lord
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

I used to go out with a girl from Goole and when we went out she would always point out "nutty Graham" - the lad whose parents were brother and sister

Good Lord

Do you reckon his mother was "Nutty Slack"?

#10 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Are people from Goole really called ...... whoops, sweary filter warning
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#11 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#12 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,398 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Are people from Goole really called ...... whoops, sweary filter warning

On a similar train of thought, there's a village called Hook just outside of Goole.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#13 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,398 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I say bring back the Humber Ferry.
Posted Image

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

On a similar train of thought, there's a village called Hook just outside of Goole.

There's one in Hampshire too, apparently.

Or so one of our more tiresome members continually claims. :rolleyes:

#15 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

I say bring back the Humber Ferry.
Posted Image

Was that the day the TV Detector van was in Hull?

;) ;) :D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#16 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,398 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

:lol: :lol:

I believe it depicts hundreds of refugees fleeing from Lincolnshire. The potato harvest must have failed that year.

#17 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Ah, Doncaster, Cleethorpes and Scunthorpe.

The golden triangle. :)

#18 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

that's where she lived!!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users