Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

So who fancies another trip to Leigh?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

when the HS2 comes in - dangle your legs and get running - quick drop off into the Flash and get swimming - easy !

ask yourself how much your love rugby league :D

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#22 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Brilliant news for those who can't drive and may want to go watch the game via public transport.

#23 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Brilliant news for those who can't drive and may want to go watch the game via public transport.

Simples get the train to Atherton and venture 50m towards a bus stop and await a 582 (Bolton to Leigh) bus , every 8 mins or so , into Leigh town centre, then just a 10 min walk to the LSV or seeing as you're an avid user of public transport there's a bus from Leigh bus station to the LSV.

Brilliant news or what....

Awaits the other choo choo users stating "it's just not fair".
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#24 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

maybe we should have empty armchairs available for the 'regular attenders' who can't make it

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#25 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

maybe we should have empty armchairs available for the 'regular attenders' who can't make it

That's an excellent idea but here's hoping the armchairs are facing away from the pitch, just so the regular moaners have a ready made topic to whinge about!
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#26 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,768 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Simples get the train to Atherton and venture 50m towards a bus stop and await a 582 (Bolton to Leigh) bus , every 8 mins or so , into Leigh town centre, then just a 10 min walk to the LSV or seeing as you're an avid user of public transport there's a bus from Leigh bus station to the LSV.

Brilliant news or what....

Awaits the other choo choo users stating "it's just not fair".

Or share a taxi from Wigan North Western (20min taxi) or Manchester (25 min). Few places are within such easy reach of mainline stations rather than the minor lines

#27 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

the city of salford stadium would have been the best choice, smack on the motorway links and a good public transport set up...........

That's a better wind up than the earlier one.

#28 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Stadium is fantastic. Location is Sheeeeeeeeeeiiiiittttte! !
However, the idea of a festival/entertainment tents is interesting

Location is brilliant Robin, for road transport. I would be very suprised if a Cider company don't use the open spaces on the country park or more probably the Harriers to put up a fans zone and make a great day of it with bands and family entertainment.

#29 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

don't get why langtree park was'nt selected??

leigh is a ##### to get too if you don't drive..

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#30 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

The usual suspects complaining over the rail link, get some new material ffs.
Just out of interest for all you rail enthusiasts, how many games do YOU actually travel to by rail?

My mates a Wire fan, goes pretty much every game home and away. They take it in turns to drive, but when they made it to the Grand Final they decided to all make a day of it on the beer, so took the train. Fortunately he got one early as anyone trying to get on one after 3pm out of Warrington was knackered. So the answer for a lot of people is, just the finals.

#31 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

don't get why langtree park was'nt selected??

leigh is a ##### to get too if you don't drive..

Traveling via rail is a ##### if you have a phobia of trains too.

#32 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

A championship event bringing money into top notch champhionship venue should be applauded in my book.

For those complaining about trains, you've 7 1/2 months to plan a route it shouldn't be overly challenging unless of course its just the deployment of your standard RL excuses for non-attendance.

#33 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Should we get there some of the brethren are talking night out in B'pool. .. calling at tge lsv on way back.
Others are planning to do wiggun and get a taxi..
Some are planning driving and doing a night over in leigh!!
I'm planning bug ger all until we get to the finals. I've counted chickens afoore!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#34 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Should we get there some of the brethren are talking night out in B'pool. .. calling at tge lsv on way back.
Others are planning to do wiggun and get a taxi..
Some are planning driving and doing a night over in leigh!!
I'm planning bug ger all until we get to the finals. I've counted chickens afoore!!

Other facility is the hotel on site Robin, you and that chubby Ginga could share a room to cut costs - we will guarantee you a great night out

#35 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

chubby ginga??? How very dare you!!! :lol: :lol:

#36 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

IF.... and I'm tempting no fate here.... IF rovers get tot he final.... that Park Hotel might be my favoured option.... all I then have to do is collar Frank for all the best beer options in Leigh!
See .. Fax is easy... straight to the 3 pigeons then errr... well, stay in the 3 pigeons cos it's one of my fav pubs!!!
Last time I had anykind of stroll round Leigh, Carl Gibson was at full back for fev!!

#37 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Traveling via rail is a ##### if you have a phobia of trains too.

lol

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users