Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRC Madness?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Wembley will never be full at the Challenge Cup Final because of the madness that is Club Wembley.

Can't see such a double header happening, anyway.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#42 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Wembley will never be full at the Challenge Cup Final because of the madness that is Club Wembley.

Can't see such a double header happening, anyway.

It does not sell out excluding club wembley. Anyway you see different to me & I think we have taken up enough room on Dewsbury forum on this subject. I am happy to leave the Dewsbury folk to concern themselves with their own club than us 2 outsiders waffling on.

#43 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

No problem with non Dewsbury fans on here anyway Griff would be taking to himself on the eagles forum. Are the rest on the other site?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#44 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

No problem with non Dewsbury fans on here anyway Griff would be taking to himself on the eagles forum. Are the rest on the other site?

Occasionally.

#45 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Griff - Why is Club Wembley madness?

The Company that I work for paid a considerable sum of money
for a 10 year Membership and an Annual Fee for our 2 seats for
which we get Tickets for 4 events. Any other time we want to use our
allocated seats we have to pay. Surely this sort of revenue is what
underpins the whole Wembley Stadiun re-devepolment and running costs.

I doe seem that many people in general including quite a few on this Forum have
no perception of how much it costs to run a Stadium / Sports Ground on a day-to day
basis let alone the cost of trying to develop further. Most clubs struggle with the cost
of meeting the Health & safety requirements just to enable the gates to be opened for
public admission.

The again, being an Eagles Fan, you do not have to worry about such matters do you? :)

#46 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Griff - Why is Club Wembley madness?

The Company that I work for paid a considerable sum of money
for a 10 year Membership and an Annual Fee for our 2 seats for
which we get Tickets for 4 events. Any other time we want to use our
allocated seats we have to pay. Surely this sort of revenue is what
underpins the whole Wembley Stadiun re-devepolment and running costs.

Because it's a policy that leaves a lot of empty seats.

#47 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

It does seem that many people in general including quite a few on this Forum have
no perception of how much it costs to run a Stadium / Sports Ground on a day-to day
basis let alone the cost of trying to develop further. Most clubs struggle with the cost
of meeting the Health & safety requirements just to enable the gates to be opened for
public admission.

Funnily enough, I suggested that owning your own ground wasn't the panacea everyone thought it was on the Fev forum a month ago and was roundly laughed at. Especially, when ten minutes later, Look North announced that Don Valley was closing. <_<

No, we don't need to worry. We rent. The landlords have the problems of keeping up with Health and Safety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users