Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRC Madness?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Wembley will never be full at the Challenge Cup Final because of the madness that is Club Wembley.

Can't see such a double header happening, anyway.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#42 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Wembley will never be full at the Challenge Cup Final because of the madness that is Club Wembley.

Can't see such a double header happening, anyway.

It does not sell out excluding club wembley. Anyway you see different to me & I think we have taken up enough room on Dewsbury forum on this subject. I am happy to leave the Dewsbury folk to concern themselves with their own club than us 2 outsiders waffling on.

#43 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 898 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

No problem with non Dewsbury fans on here anyway Griff would be taking to himself on the eagles forum. Are the rest on the other site?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#44 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

No problem with non Dewsbury fans on here anyway Griff would be taking to himself on the eagles forum. Are the rest on the other site?

Occasionally.

#45 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Griff - Why is Club Wembley madness?

The Company that I work for paid a considerable sum of money
for a 10 year Membership and an Annual Fee for our 2 seats for
which we get Tickets for 4 events. Any other time we want to use our
allocated seats we have to pay. Surely this sort of revenue is what
underpins the whole Wembley Stadiun re-devepolment and running costs.

I doe seem that many people in general including quite a few on this Forum have
no perception of how much it costs to run a Stadium / Sports Ground on a day-to day
basis let alone the cost of trying to develop further. Most clubs struggle with the cost
of meeting the Health & safety requirements just to enable the gates to be opened for
public admission.

The again, being an Eagles Fan, you do not have to worry about such matters do you? :)

#46 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Griff - Why is Club Wembley madness?

The Company that I work for paid a considerable sum of money
for a 10 year Membership and an Annual Fee for our 2 seats for
which we get Tickets for 4 events. Any other time we want to use our
allocated seats we have to pay. Surely this sort of revenue is what
underpins the whole Wembley Stadiun re-devepolment and running costs.

Because it's a policy that leaves a lot of empty seats.

#47 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

It does seem that many people in general including quite a few on this Forum have
no perception of how much it costs to run a Stadium / Sports Ground on a day-to day
basis let alone the cost of trying to develop further. Most clubs struggle with the cost
of meeting the Health & safety requirements just to enable the gates to be opened for
public admission.

Funnily enough, I suggested that owning your own ground wasn't the panacea everyone thought it was on the Fev forum a month ago and was roundly laughed at. Especially, when ten minutes later, Look North announced that Don Valley was closing. <_<

No, we don't need to worry. We rent. The landlords have the problems of keeping up with Health and Safety.