but a serious point

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Someone on another thread commented that traffic on this messageboard and the number of threads etc was down and pointed to it as an example of the decline of RL. I'd like to put forward a different hypothesis!

Nothings happening! There's no or at least very little news. There's nothing to talk about other than keeping going over the same arguments about P&R or the play off format or a couple of other tired discussions.

Sportinglife and the other websites that host sports news hasn't had many stories since the weekend. At the moment I can't help thinking we're out of the media spotlight because there is nothing worth printing in the media. As a sport I think we need to find ways to generate positive news stories through the week. I guess at least football has midweek games (I'm not a fan so I wouldn't want us to do that).

I really think the sport really needs to manage the media. Many people complain about Shaun Wane speaking out so much last year (I was one of them), but at least it gave us something to talk about.

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,029 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Someone on another thread commented that traffic on this messageboard and the number of threads etc was down and pointed to it as an example of the decline of RL. I'd like to put forward a different hypothesis!

Nothings happening! There's no or at least very little news. There's nothing to talk about other than keeping going over the same arguments about P&R or the play off format or a couple of other tired discussions.

Agree, there's only been one pointless press release from Leeds Rhinos recently, which does indicate it's a slow news week.

Many people complain about Shaun Wane speaking out so much last year (I was one of them), but at least it gave us something to talk about.

So has Oscar Pistorius...

It always has a feel of "same ship(!), different day" and the only time it sparks is when there's a bad news story, like t'Bulls or Salford or the Championship situation.

Misery breeds misery, and for every good newsworthy story there is someone ready to grumble.

Even the positivity of World Cup sales has murmurings of "I'm not going cos I support Fev" or "sold out isn't actually sold out" or "I know everything and everyone and I'm an important mole FACT".

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users