TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Alex Walmsley

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hi BSJ. It was a reference to your description on the Dewsbury v Leigh thread of Beswick as being Symian. I had spotted GORs reference to a Greek Island and dug a little deeper. Symi was a Greek nymph.

As an ex scientist you had picked up straight away on someone confusing meter and metre. I was just reminding you of your little error which compared Beswick with the inhabitants of the Island of Symi or the nymph that gave the Island its' name.

I shall tread very carefully now. You have a long memory, and I a failing one!

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hi BSJ. It was a reference to your description on the Dewsbury v Leigh thread of Beswick as being Symian. I had spotted GORs reference to a Greek Island and dug a little deeper. Symi was a Greek nymph.

As an ex scientist you had picked up straight away on someone confusing meter and metre. I was just reminding you of your little error which compared Beswick with the inhabitants of the Island of Symi or the nymph that gave the Island its' name.

I shall tread very carefully now. You have a long memory, and I a failing one!

Touche!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Less of the ex-scientist Bi11. just make it non-practising.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 23 March 2013 - 02:34 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Touche!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Less of the ex-scientist Bi11. just make it non-practising.

Sorry!

#24 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Well, don't think we are going to be seing much more of Alex this season- just watched the Wigan-Saints derby and he didn't look at all out of place. Played about 50 minutes I think and was the pick of the Saints pack and got good mentions from Terry O'Connor and his coach Nathan Brown. He looks like he could become a permanent first team player there. Great news for him - I wish him all the best, just a pity that he's unlikely to be more than a fleeting visitor to the Mount.

#25 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Well, don't think we are going to be seing much more of Alex this season- just watched the Wigan-Saints derby and he didn't look at all out of place. Played about 50 minutes I think and was the pick of the Saints pack and got good mentions from Terry O'Connor and his coach Nathan Brown. He looks like he could become a permanent first team player there. Great news for him - I wish him all the best, just a pity that he's unlikely to be more than a fleeting visitor to the Mount.

Could not agree more.We will just have to enjoy him in a Saints jersey from now on.We did help develop him though and we will always be asossiated with him.Good luck to the lad.

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I am enjoying watching our other superleague stat Alex Brown. Seen him s couple of times on sky and one of the best HKR have

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I am enjoying watching our other superleague stat Alex Brown. Seen him s couple of times on sky and one of the best HKR have

I gather that he scored a hat trick the other week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users