Alex Walmsley

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hi BSJ. It was a reference to your description on the Dewsbury v Leigh thread of Beswick as being Symian. I had spotted GORs reference to a Greek Island and dug a little deeper. Symi was a Greek nymph.

As an ex scientist you had picked up straight away on someone confusing meter and metre. I was just reminding you of your little error which compared Beswick with the inhabitants of the Island of Symi or the nymph that gave the Island its' name.

I shall tread very carefully now. You have a long memory, and I a failing one!

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,291 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hi BSJ. It was a reference to your description on the Dewsbury v Leigh thread of Beswick as being Symian. I had spotted GORs reference to a Greek Island and dug a little deeper. Symi was a Greek nymph.

As an ex scientist you had picked up straight away on someone confusing meter and metre. I was just reminding you of your little error which compared Beswick with the inhabitants of the Island of Symi or the nymph that gave the Island its' name.

I shall tread very carefully now. You have a long memory, and I a failing one!

Touche!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Less of the ex-scientist Bi11. just make it non-practising.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 23 March 2013 - 02:34 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Touche!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Less of the ex-scientist Bi11. just make it non-practising.

Sorry!

#24 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Well, don't think we are going to be seing much more of Alex this season- just watched the Wigan-Saints derby and he didn't look at all out of place. Played about 50 minutes I think and was the pick of the Saints pack and got good mentions from Terry O'Connor and his coach Nathan Brown. He looks like he could become a permanent first team player there. Great news for him - I wish him all the best, just a pity that he's unlikely to be more than a fleeting visitor to the Mount.

#25 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Well, don't think we are going to be seing much more of Alex this season- just watched the Wigan-Saints derby and he didn't look at all out of place. Played about 50 minutes I think and was the pick of the Saints pack and got good mentions from Terry O'Connor and his coach Nathan Brown. He looks like he could become a permanent first team player there. Great news for him - I wish him all the best, just a pity that he's unlikely to be more than a fleeting visitor to the Mount.

Could not agree more.We will just have to enjoy him in a Saints jersey from now on.We did help develop him though and we will always be asossiated with him.Good luck to the lad.

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I am enjoying watching our other superleague stat Alex Brown. Seen him s couple of times on sky and one of the best HKR have

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I am enjoying watching our other superleague stat Alex Brown. Seen him s couple of times on sky and one of the best HKR have

I gather that he scored a hat trick the other week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users