Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What position am I?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Come on you Saints

Come on you Saints
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

I am 14, 5 foot 7/8, and weigh just under 9 stone.

I have decent evasive skills and passing game, but my pace is pretty average (but not slow). I play a lot of football so my kicking game is pretty good, but my defence would need plenty of working on.

Thanks.

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Midfielder 😄😄😄

#3 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Nathan Brown would have you a hooker who can also play second row. ;)

Start training now.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I have decent evasive skills and passing game, but my pace is pretty average (but not slow). I play a lot of football so my kicking game is pretty good, but my defence would need plenty of working on.

Thanks.

You're a starting half-back for Cas on Saturday. HTH.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Anyhoo, if you're asking to find out for yourself; play, enjoy it and let the coach sort out your best role.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Thanks.

The replies on Southstander not enough for you?
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#7 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

supine?

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

The replies on Southstander not enough for you?

And the VT and the Saints board...

Still, "My Best Position" was probably open to interpretation.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Tonka

Tonka
  • Coach
  • 699 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I am 17 years old, 6 foot 9 and 22 stone 6. My mum is half-Samoan, half-Russian and my dad half-Tongan, half-Jamaican - although I was born in Billinge, which I am told in St Helens, or possibly Wigan. I can run the 100m in 10:04 seconds and have 8% body fat. I was weighing up offers from the Denver Broncos and the NY Knicks against becoming a a 100m runner when a Mr Richard Agar of the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats called up. He said he thought he could play me literally anywhere in either what are called the "backs" or the "forwards" (I assume the latter play up front scoring all the goals) and said that he had spoken to a Mr Steve McNamara who was quite sure I could play for England if I was good enough, but probably had the option of turning out for Wales, Ireland or Scotland instead (or as well) if I decided to.

Anyway - should I join and what position would you play me in?

#10 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

i am just over 60 with a bad back and sciattica(sp)my eysight is pretty dodgy and i have arthritis in my right fingers, my wife says i am a lazy bone idle lump,i can put a window blind up in 20mins though (just did) the fact that it won't wind down could be a problem when the wife goes to shut it tonight.
the wife reckons my best position is lied on my back, i agree with this.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#11 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

i am just over 60 with a bad back and sciattica(sp)my eysight is pretty dodgy and i have arthritis in my right fingers, my wife says i am a lazy bone idle lump,i can put a window blind up in 20mins though (just did) the fact that it won't wind down could be a problem when the wife goes to shut it tonight.

Dodgy eyesight? I can't resist it - referee! :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#12 Come on you Saints

Come on you Saints
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Maybe if people bothered to answer the question I wouldn't need to keep asking.

#13 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Give Sale a bell

#14 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

People have,it's down to your coach.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#15 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Give Sale a bell

Do you mean bell, as in "Unclean! Unclean!"

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#16 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Sounds like you could make a decent half-back, or maybe back-rower with your height.. If you're a bit slow over a longer distance, you can make up for that with ball skill and positioning if you work at it. Speed over five metres might be much different from that over fifty metres too - quick off the mark can make a big difference if you can create a gap for someone else to run through, or indeed get through one yourself.

In the juniors, it's usually a case of fitting around your team mates. Also, at your age, there are huge differences in the size of your opponents - a big 12 year old often cops their whack when every catches up with them at 16 :)

Above all, have fun, and the more you play, the better you'll get.

Edited by EdinburghExile, 14 February 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#17 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

And the VT and the Saints board...

And the Hull board.

Lock it.
Posted Image

#18 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

I am 17 years old, 6 foot 9 and 22 stone 6. My mum is half-Samoan, half-Russian and my dad half-Tongan, half-Jamaican - although I was born in Billinge, which I am told in St Helens, or possibly Wigan. I can run the 100m in 10:04 seconds and have 8% body fat. I was weighing up offers from the Denver Broncos and the NY Knicks against becoming a a 100m runner when a Mr Richard Agar of the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats called up. He said he thought he could play me literally anywhere in either what are called the "backs" or the "forwards" (I assume the latter play up front scoring all the goals) and said that he had spoken to a Mr Steve McNamara who was quite sure I could play for England if I was good enough, but probably had the option of turning out for Wales, Ireland or Scotland instead (or as well) if I decided to.

Anyway - should I join and what position would you play me in?

I think you should play high school football (of the American type), join Miami University. enter the Pro draft, fail to get picked, join the Canadian football league for a bit, then decide to join the world of Pro Wrestling, like your father and grandfather. After about 8 years you will reach the pinnacle and be known as one of the greatest of all time. You will then pick up a movie contract and move to Hollywood, where you will spend the next 10 years appearing in Action, comedy but mainly kids movies, such as "the tooth fairy". FINALLY, you will return back to the world of pro wrestling as your movie roles dry up and reach the pinnacle of the "sport" again, mainly because of who you are... maybe.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#19 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

I think you should play high school football (of the American type), join Miami University. enter the Pro draft, fail to get picked, join the Canadian football league for a bit, then decide to join the world of Pro Wrestling, like your father and grandfather. After about 8 years you will reach the pinnacle and be known as one of the greatest of all time. You will then pick up a movie contract and move to Hollywood, where you will spend the next 10 years appearing in Action, comedy but mainly kids movies, such as "the tooth fairy". FINALLY, you will return back to the world of pro wrestling as your movie roles dry up and reach the pinnacle of the "sport" again, mainly because of who you are... maybe.

Finally The Rock has come back to the TRL board... and he's asking if a cheeky fiver on Fev is worth it.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

I think you ...

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.