Maybe the RFL are making the best out of a bad job. All the things you post are true. However, if they are supposed to be the stewards of the total game, destroying half of it to safeguards a small echelon at the top is hardly fulfilling their mission.
It's the small echelon at the top that..............
1. Attracts £90,000,000 from SKY every 5 years
2. Produces the vast bulk of professional players
3. Attracts 132,000 paying fans paying top dollar
4. Attracts very big TV audiences including admirers from all over the country
5. Attracts millionaires to come in and run their clubs.
6. Keeps the terrestrial TV's interest and respect
I really think that you vastly overestimate the importance of the championship clubs by a couple of hundred miles.
Edited by The Parksider, 17 February 2013 - 08:00 PM.