Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Feisal

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

According to feisal and love rugby we are looking to strengthen our squad. Didn't think we needed to strengthen the squad to be honest but I guess strengthening the squad can only be a good thing.Apparently we are in contact with some SL clubs and making inquiries.

Edited by thundergaz, 15 February 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#2 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hasn't the CE just been to Aus looking for new blood TG.

#3 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Apparantely he did look at some Aussie players , but primarily to visit family over there as well
Im Fev and im proud

#4 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I heard that too col but like mo says I thought it was more of a family trip than a scouting one.By the way how many overseas players are we aloud to have?

Edited by thundergaz, 15 February 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#5 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Squad looks brilliant for summer rugby, but it looks like they still might still struggle in wet or boggy conditions, or is it 'cos they missed another big man up front due to Ingy's injury?

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Squad looks brilliant for summer rugby, but it looks like they still might still struggle in wet or boggy conditions, or is it 'cos they missed another big man up front due to Ingy's injury?

I think we are a summer rugby team Steve and not a five drive and a kick team anymore. Which we once were when we were dire. But that's got to be a good thing surely but like you say if its a wet final etc we will struggle like we did in last years Finals.

#7 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

I heard that too col but like mo says I thought it was more of a family trip than a scouting one.By the way how many overseas players are we aloud to have?

1 overseas player.

Cummins Out.

#8 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

1 overseas player.

I'm not questioning that matt as I believe you. But surely the eagles have more than 1 overseas player? QLT, yere etc.

#9 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm not questioning that matt as I believe you. But surely the eagles have more than 1 overseas player? QLT, yere etc.

Good point! if only there was somebody who knew everything about everything and was in some way associated with Sheffield Eagles that could help us....

Cummins Out.

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Good point! if only there was somebody who knew everything about everything and was in some way associated with Sheffield Eagles that could help us....

😄😄😄😄

#11 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

:D :D :D
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#12 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

post of the decade so far :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah - you need some Kolpak players - or players with EC passports. Then the Government can't block it.

We've just signed a lad from Kinshasa. Scouts everywhere...... ^_^

Edited by Griff, 16 February 2013 - 09:44 AM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#14 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,553 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hope everyone noticed the scarf Feisal was wearing at the presentation of the trophy and medals for last night's Probiz World Club Challenge between Melbourne Storm and Leeds Rhinos - It was the green and black Rovers 2013 away scarf.
Excellent - smart suit and tie and a blatantly obvious Rovers scarf. So Rovers had a presence at the WCC event - a sign of great things to come! Thanks Feisal.
If you didn't see it try to see a recording.

Naturally I couldn't miss the opportunity to let you know that the scarf is available in the club shop! :-)

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#15 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yeah - you need some Kolpak players - or players with EC passports. Then the Government can't block it.

We've just signed a lad from Kinshasa. Scouts everywhere...... ^_^

we've just signed a lad from kin sharlston, he's kin good too.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

we've just signed a lad from kin sharlston, he's kin good too.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#17 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

According to feisal and love rugby we are looking to strengthen our squad. Didn't think we needed to strengthen the squad to be honest but I guess strengthening the squad can only be a good thing.Apparently we are in contact with some SL clubs and making inquiries.

A statement like that will do wonders for team confidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users