Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Brent Webb - Not a good signing for Catalans

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

- Not in the same league as Clint Greenshields
- Not as quick as he was when he first came to Leeds
- Poor discipline
- Adds to Catalans already poor disciplinary record

#2 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Catalan should change their Dragons name to "Dirties!" Dirtiest team in the SL by a whole mile(and I include Widnes in that!) :rolleyes:
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#3 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Catalan should change their Dragons name to "Dirties!"

I see what you did there......

#4 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Brian Mac hauled Webb off against Wakey when he gifted us a try through his ill-discipline last year, and I think never played again. He should have been put on a plane then. A real bad example of an Aussie taking the place of a local lad. He has nowt to offer Catalans that a young French lad couldn't offer.

#5 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Brian Mac hauled Webb off against Wakey when he gifted us a try through his ill-discipline last year, and I think never played again. He should have been put on a plane then. A real bad example of an Aussie taking the place of a local lad. He has nowt to offer Catalans that a young French lad couldn't offer.

True, he's a total liability. I thought they should've stuck with Stacul.

Edited by The Daddy_merged, 15 February 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#6 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,931 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Maybe Wire should get shut of Westwood, following Webb up the pitch for a feud was a stupid as anything I've seen.

I'm no Webb fan by the way, but Westwood should have had a red.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#7 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Maybe Wire should get shut of Westwood, following Webb up the pitch for a feud was a stupid as anything I've seen.

Silly moment from one of Wakey's finest, but he's so much more disciplined than he used to be. He's allowed to chance going to the bin with 9 mins to go when the game is in the bag.

#8 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

I agree, but Westwood does offer good performances.

Leeds last year always looked better without Webb than with him for me.

#9 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,931 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

I agree, but Westwood does offer good performances.

Leeds last year always looked better without Webb than with him for me.

As I said, I am no Webb fan. I certainly am not defending Webb. however Westwood was an idiot and was lucky that the ref...

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#10 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

He is a Kiwi isn't he?

#11 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Born in Oz but in RL that has no bearing on who you represent internationally

#12 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

Stupid post of the year!!

One of the best players in super league and we should get rid of him!!

I think you're another pie on drugs!! :-P

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Having seen Hock grab a ref and try and gouge a player over the past few years Im surprised you thought Westwood squaring up to a player who had had a running battle with so stupid.

That said, you do have a point - I wouldnt have been surprised if Westwood did get a red, and I certainly thought they should have got the penalty.
Somebody snapping and starting a fight aftrr 70mins of provocation is hardly a hanging offence though.

#14 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

Having seen Hock grab a ref and try and gouge a player over the past few years Im surprised you thought Westwood squaring up to a player who had had a running battle with so stupid.

That said, you do have a point - I wouldnt have been surprised if Westwood did get a red, and I certainly thought they should have got the penalty.
Somebody snapping and starting a fight aftrr 70mins of provocation is hardly a hanging offence though.

I wish I was as thoughtful as you, nice response...... I think Padge was on fishing alert.

#15 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Elima,Webb and Westwood were all equally embarassing,as was the 'commentary' again.Five minutes of conversation,as the game was carrying on,before eventually realising that they were all wrong and the touch judge was absolutely right.Then another five minutes of conversation,asking each other what the rules are - you really couldn't make it up.

#16 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

I agree with CM, there are far too many Aussies/Kiwis in tr Catalans team. There must be a young French lad who can do a better job than Anderson and Millard.

#17 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Well said Dave. If Westwood had been sent off, conceded the penalty and Webb had stayed on, I still would have defended Westwood. Webb had it coming to him. It's just a shame Ben didn't get a chance to come back on and do the same to Elima.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#18 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

THIS

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#19 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Having seen Hock grab a ref and try and gouge a player over the past few years I'm surprised you thought Westwood squaring up to a player who had had a running battle with so stupid..

Hock is an altogether different level of stupid, but I'm still surprised that people think Benny's some sort of angel. They really aren't that far apart on a regular day. (Not defending the eye gouging in particular mind. That was inexcusable)

#20 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

as a team i thought catalans were disgraceful, elima and webb appeared to be intent on causing harm to someone, as one poster has already said the dirtiest team i have seen for some time..............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users