• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

THIS

Explanation would be nice, rather than agreeing with a silly post...... Westwood is one of the country's best players!!

Why would Warrington get rid of one of their best players and regular top performer, absolute ridiculous comment from Padge.... I think he's being mischievous

Westwood shouldn't have punched out, but he'd had enough of the Catalan tatics.

#22 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,037 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Born in Oz but in RL that has no bearing on who you represent internationally

Or rugby union.
Or athletics.
Or cricket.

Need I go on?
Posted Image

#23 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,037 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Explanation would be nice, rather than agreeing with a silly post...... Westwood is one of the country's best players!!

Why would Warrington get rid of one of their best players and regular top performer, absolute ridiculous comment from Padge.... I think he's being mischievous

If the ref isn't going to do his job, sometimes you take the law into your own hands. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You can't let your side be bullied.
Posted Image

#24 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Stupid post of the year!!

One of the best players in super league and we should get rid of him!!

I think you're another pie on drugs!! :-P

Westwood followed Webb up field,slapped him and wasn't deemed to be the aggressor,even though Webb did play for Leeds,I'm no fan of his.How Westwood only got a yellow card is surprising to say the least.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#25 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,037 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Westwood followed Webb up field,slapped him and wasn't deemed to be the aggressor,even though Webb did play for Leeds,I'm no fan of his.How Westwood only got a yellow card is surprising to say the least.

What about provocation?
Posted Image

#26 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

That's all Elima was doing...

Neither team came out of that smelling of roses, both were niggling in the tackle and both were looking for a fight from the first set

Webb should have been packed off to the penal colonies a few seasons ago

Westwood is a fantastic player but dirty with it and easy to rile.

Wire were the better team all night though and deserved to win

#27 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

If the ref isn't going to do his job, sometimes you take the law into your own hands. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You can't let your side be bullied.

Agree with your post and Westwood is a lucky boy, maybe the RFL will ban him or bollllock him

Agree with all that, but Padge eluded to wires getting shut!!

Absolute boll locks and a daft post

#28 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

What about provocation?

Yes good word, maybe Myler should have had a pop at Pryce!!

#29 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

I dont want to take away the status that Brent Webb holds at Headingley.He will go down as a legend of tis era,but last two seaons e ppears to have lost pace and above all what dicipline he did have.I to laugh at a comment by Kieth senior last night he said "two ibins in one game for little Webby,Cats should think about paying him by the hour"
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#30 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Or rugby union.
Or athletics.
Or cricket.

Need I go on?

Yep totally agree but it is perhaps more noticable in RL with the smaller player numbers. Regardless, it is wrong in all of the sports listed

#31 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,037 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Yep totally agree but it is perhaps more noticable in RL with the smaller player numbers. Regardless, it is wrong in all of the sports listed

No, it's more noticeable because our fans are incredibly negative and cynical and keep shooting the game down at every opportunity.
Posted Image

#32 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,733 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

I'm not aware of anybody ever calling Westwood an angel. We all know what kind of player he is.

On his discipline though, his main issue is the high tackles rather than getting involved in this kind of thing.

Westwood isnt in there for his brains, and like JB and PMJ im very happy with what he does.

For those saying he is essy to eind up, I disagree - this is hardly a regular thing from him.

#33 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

For those saying he is essy to eind up, I disagree - this is hardly a regular thing from him.

I was one, if the only, so I'll concede to your good self. Obviously I don't see them as much as you but he appears to stand out to me as someone who can get carried away.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#34 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

... I've only just realised he's in my Dream Team too, feck!

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#35 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Brent Webb has always been an annoying little scrote,but as his skill level has diminished so has he's annoyance level gone up,he's been very lucky to get a deal with any SL team.
As for Ben Westwood he'd be the 1st name on the teamsheet of the majority of SL clubs

#36 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Brent Webb has always been an annoying little scrote,but as his skill level has diminished so has he's annoyance level gone up,he's been very lucky to get a deal with any SL team.
As for Ben Westwood he'd be the 1st name on the teamsheet of the majority of SL clubs

not the first name, but I know what you mean.He would get in any SL team
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#37 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Ok Paul, personally I think Westwood could be a great but he is a niggly player always in danger of giving away a penalty - you must believe that what he gives to the team far outwieghs this side of his game.

Webb is an annoying player, who has typical little man syndrome, and I do not like him.

They both aren't blessed with brains

On this particular incident (rather than going off previous) Westwood continued to walk towards Webb, as Webb backed away, and he started the punches, he should have been red carded. You cannot, no matter how much provocation, go to hit someone and not expect to be found at fault. I might join in and say Webb has had it coming - for years

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#38 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Ok Paul, personally I think Westwood could be a great but he is a niggly player always in danger of giving away a penalty - you must believe that what he gives to the team far outwieghs this side of his game.

Webb is an annoying player, who has typical little man syndrome, and I do not like him.

They both aren't blessed with brains

On this particular incident (rather than going off previous) Westwood continued to walk towards Webb, as Webb backed away, and he started the punches, he should have been red carded. You cannot, no matter how much provocation, go to hit someone and not expect to be found at fault. I might join in and say Webb has had it coming - for years

Cheers amh, much appreciated response

Firstly bennie was a silly boy and lucky (so far, maybe the RFL committee call him up) I don't like the chasing of fellow pros.

I think Westwood had a great battle with the forwards but when the rat Webb joined in, he'd had enough.

Westwood would be in any super league starting 13 and this behaviour was a result of 65 mins of hard, passionate and driven determination to win the game.... Ben just lost it when he should have laughed it off.

Westwood gives 100% but this game against cats he lets himself down, what I didn't like was smiths attitude when he laughed it off with bennie, but that's just me......

Amh..... My issue with you was agreeing with Padge, why wold wires sell there best player??

Would hudds sell Crabtree or brough?? Would they heck.....

#39 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Cheers amh, much appreciated response

Firstly bennie was a silly boy and lucky (so far, maybe the RFL committee call him up) I don't like the chasing of fellow pros.

I think Westwood had a great battle with the forwards but when the rat Webb joined in, he'd had enough.

Westwood would be in any super league starting 13 and this behaviour was a result of 65 mins of hard, passionate and driven determination to win the game.... Ben just lost it when he should have laughed it off.

Westwood gives 100% but this game against cats he lets himself down, what I didn't like was smiths attitude when he laughed it off with bennie, but that's just me......

Amh..... My issue with you was agreeing with Padge, why wold wires sell there best player??

Would hudds sell Crabtree or brough?? Would they heck.....

will have to agree to disagree that he's your best player and you would miss him

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#40 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

will have to agree to disagree that he's your best player and you would miss him

And that's why I respect you, cheers amh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users