RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Phoenix Bar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

I was wondering if there will be a old game on in the bar before the match? For our last home match we had bbc news. If there is no live sport on the tv we should always be aiming to show games from the past.

As yet i do not think we have shown the 99 final, and since we are playing dewsbury it will be ideal to bring back those good memories.

Secondly,
I have noticed the player of the year placards have not been updated since 2010. Is there any reason for this?
The players who have won these awards in 2011 & 2012 deserve to have their names engraved on the same board as the previous winners.

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

1) Will see what we can do, I have a copy on DVD but not the best quality
2) Not sure, I think it was down to the cost, but will find out

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

1---Scot Johnson who films the DVD's for the club has copies of ALL our games-- no commentary but must be better than showing BBC news..
2 -- Our Roll of Honour boards used to be updated by one of our supporters who was a signwritter-- ask Big Al.

#4 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Sounds good to me. If its a cost issue, I can't imagine it costing that much. Many amateur sports teams manage to have theirs done each year.

#5 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Fred Hopkins updated the honours board's, he's on with it.
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#6 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Its got the grand final from 1999

i didnt realise ganson was the ref that day.

even thou i was there :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users