Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Well done Paul Anderson!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Yeah, gotta love those glory hunters :P

Nah, wires has been building since 2005 with their crowds, what about you guys??

Edit...... Anderson is doing a wonderful job and I do respect hudds.

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 17 February 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#22 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Its been building slowly but surely, just needing that oh so elusive silverwear perhaps - for all my jest above the glory hunters are really what makes a club have big crowds

On a tangent, when Wire moved to the HJ I suggested that they were being short sighted in the capacity of the ground as I could see where they were going - do Wire fans agree with this? IS the HJ big enough?

#23 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Its been building slowly but surely, just needing that oh so elusive silverwear perhaps - for all my jest above the glory hunters are really what makes a club have big crowds

On a tangent, when Wire moved to the HJ I suggested that they were being short sighted in the capacity of the ground as I could see where they were going - do Wire fans agree with this? IS the HJ big enough?

HJ is too big at 15,000 only pies and skints games get us anywhere near...... Plus IMHO that's why the championship finals have been moved to Leigh ...... And that's no dig at Leigh ..... Warrington are in a purple patch and we can't attract more than 10k at a push 11k and we depend on skints and pies to fill the away end.

#24 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

..... Warrington are in a purple patch and we can't attract more than 10k at a push 11k and we depend on skints and pies to fill the away end.

Which is very surprising as the borough of Warrington has expanded quite substantially in the last 20 years and what with the teams performance on the pitch crowds would be flocking to the HJ.
Mind you on the very few occasions i've been dragged by the wife to go "shopping" around the centre "golden square" and all that,a few scouse accents to say the least were pretty commonplace and we all know what the majority of scousers feel about any sport that does'nt have a round ball

#25 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

Which is very surprising as the borough of Warrington has expanded quite substantially in the last 20 years and what with the teams performance on the pitch crowds would be flocking to the HJ.
Mind you on the very few occasions i've been dragged by the wife to go "shopping" around the centre "golden square" and all that,a few scouse accents to say the least were pretty commonplace and we all know what the majority of scousers feel about any sport that does'nt have a round ball

Yes warrington has been boosted in numbers of the last 20 plus years, as the town has grown so have the accents.
Mix of all sorts in the town, big football matches certainly see bars full of united, city, Liverpool fans.

Ps I do feel sorry for you getting dragged around the golden square, boy that is one hole.

#26 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

I think Anderson has every chance at silverware this season. Huddersfield's squad is equal to any team in the comp IMO.

As others have alluded to though, they have choked in the past, which was down to Brown as coach. As St George coach, he had a squad equal to any other in the NRL, but they always choked at the business end of the season. Perhaps he has a problem guiding his team through such situations. That is not to say Brown is a bad coach- he is great at developing a club and bringing through young players, he just won't win you a trophy.

Time will tell whether Anderson can do what Brown couldn't, but I see no reason why they can't win the Grand Final. They have all the ingredients in terms of players.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Brown cant help tinkering and shifting players out of position

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users