Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Its that time of year

League Predictions Please

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,681 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Haha thought i'd not heard of him

He has been with the Dockers since day one, he will still be about the club on match days I'm sure, he was always with Mick Parkes (Dockers & Barla physio) back in the 80's & 90's when not reffing.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#62 Harrison's barmy army

Harrison's barmy army
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

That said i will probably recognise his face then

#63 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Everyone been writing the hull teams off this year apart from west and myton!! Will just have to see how season pans out! At the end of the day 5 top flight teams from one city says it all!!

#64 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

The only team that will be caught in the relegation fight from Hull will be Skirlaugh.

#65 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

The only team that will be caught in the relegation fight from Hull will be Skirlaugh.

Easts will have a long hard season ahead of them.

rldfsignature.jpg

#66 British Lion

British Lion
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Dockers and skirlaugh will be the whipping boys in the division I played against a lot of them in the a teams games this season in hull and district and I can assure you their not up to it period

Think skirlaugh will be down there with ya, cott!

dint know cott played in the premier divison

#67 British Lion

British Lion
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Docker will suprise a few this year signed a couple of decent youngsters from HKR and deserved they win against Myton.

#68 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Easts will have a long hard season ahead of them.

Won't everyone have a long hard season ahead of them why is it going to be any tougher for Us!!

#69 Harrison's barmy army

Harrison's barmy army
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

People Writing teams off after one game is pure stupid, Give it 10-15 then maybe have a idea where people might finish.

#70 Harrison's barmy army

Harrison's barmy army
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Won't everyone have a long hard season ahead of them why is it going to be any tougher for Us!!

For the Record i think East Hull will have a good season , seem to be pulling the numbers down again

#71 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Hope your wrong, I would fancy a mid table finish this season a lot of young players coming through things look good for the future in my opinion.

#72 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hope your wrong, I would fancy a mid table finish this season a lot of young players coming through things look good for the future in my opinion.

Well I have seen a couple of your youngster in action in a couple of A team games over the winter and I agree some real talent there, one stood out not sure if he was second row or prop. However it will depend if your coach is confident to go with them or stick with the last seasons team, to be honest mate I hope you do stay up Hull certainly produces some talent and being in that arena is good for the whole area.

#73 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Coach will give them a chance, concern would be playing them every week need to bring them in gradually, think after the near miss with relegation last year it's changed outlook at the club this season, for sure it's a lot happier place, last season was very poor there was no atmosphere at the club until the last few weeks

#74 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Coach will give them a chance, concern would be playing them every week need to bring them in gradually, think after the near miss with relegation last year it's changed outlook at the club this season, for sure it's a lot happier place, last season was very poor there was no atmosphere at the club until the last few weeks

Good to hear that things sound more settled at your club, hopefully the loss of your first game is just a blip and not a statement that the team has not really changed since last season. I watch as many as the Hull teams as I can but I mainly attended Myton last season as they were producing some nice rugby and I live closer to them. I think if you can avoid relegation or the dog fight at the bottom your future looks promising from what I have seen with your A team which I think is the opposite to Myton. I watched their A team a lot this winter and I must admit I don't think they have much coming through presently, mind I know there is a lot of movement with the young ones.

#75 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

For the Record i think East Hull will have a good season , seem to be pulling the numbers down again

Good news, I have always had a soft spot for Easts and would like to see them secure and building for the future. I think if you carry on your good start to the campaign it may stand you in good stead for the rest of the season. Got to say as a pretty much neutral supporter in Hull it is good to see all the teams do well however I am not sure 5 teams can sustain top flight, hope I am wrong though.

#76 nevillebartos

nevillebartos
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

What happend with Gary Weymes or is he still in the nick? He was the best amateur player I played against up at normy.

#77 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Gary weymes back in 4 weeks just getting back match fit from bad back injury

#78 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Gary weymes is a quality player just has a few screws loose!!!

#79 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

That's what makes weymesy the player and person he is IMO

#80 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

Lol's older than me Jon so you won't know him :D Good start mate, keep it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users