Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

great weather for a match

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Its a beautiful morning
Is the scene set for our first win?
Come on you Lions!

#2 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Its a beautiful morning
Is the scene set for our first win?
Come on you Lions!

Nice to hear all positives Mark - lets hope we can keep this thread 100% positive

#3 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Nice to hear all positives Mark - lets hope we can keep this thread 100% positive

. It's a forum,opinions views vary,would be extremely boring if we all shared the same opinions.

#4 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yes, 'tis a nice sunny day, but, as John Wayne said at Pearl Harbour. "there's a Nip in the air".

#5 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

. It's a forum,opinions views vary,would be extremely boring if we all shared the same opinions.

Very true Dave, but it is a nice day for a match!

#6 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Totally agree with that Duffymoon - what I was saying is that I just hope the rest of the day followed on all positives for us Swinton fans

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Winning 8 6 at half time
Very entertaining match

#8 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Seems like a disaster in the 2nd half

#9 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Ruined by the worst performance ive ever seen by an official. I've never walked out of a game when we've been beaten by such a score and thought that the ref won the game for the other side. I would as go as far to say that if the betting committee looked into the game they would suspend the official!
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Ruined by the worst performance ive ever seen by an official. I've never walked out of a game when we've been beaten by such a score and thought that the ref won the game for the other side. I would as go as far to say that if the betting committee looked into the game they would suspend the official!

So you would have won with a different referee?

#11 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

It was pitiful by mr hewer
However...After we went 14 6 up we relaxed far too much...went to 14 18...and that was it
Hope Jordan Burke is ok...he was great till his injury.
Why was Chris Clarke in the centre?!

#12 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Actually, we had at least four scoring opportunities in the first half - but due to lack of experience they were missed. Second half started well with nice try - but then some bad decisions by the ref + Sheffield improved greatly so they scored 46 points in the second half............plenty of effort but I am sorry, but we need a few more experienced players in the team.

I think it will be a dog fight between ourselves, Barrow, Hunslet, York, Doncaster and Workington to avoid relegation.....:(

#13 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I think you can probably throw Keighley into that mix as well! Relegation would be an absolute disaster,lets not even contemplate that.

#14 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

So you would have won with a different referee?

we would have got a bonus point. come the end of the season that point that we have had stolen off us today could well be crucial. but hey as long as the big clubs in the league are winning who cares.

Posted Image

#15 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Sheffield are hardly a big club! Credit where credit is due look how far they have come since they beat us in the play off final in 2006.

#16 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

we would have got a bonus point. come the end of the season that point that we have had stolen off us today could well be crucial. but hey as long as the big clubs in the league are winning who cares.

OK. Just wondered. Just to accuse the referee of corruption seems a bit extreme, but fair enough, I wasn't there.

Edited by distantdog, 17 February 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#17 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

OK. Just wondered. Just to accuse the referee of corruption seems a bit extreme, but fair enough, I wasn't there.

it was that bad that i am contemplating writing to the jokers at the RFL.

Posted Image

#18 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

To be honest i can only see 2 poss wins out of the next 7 games, keighley away and donny at home

#19 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Watching the super league over the weekend on tv the referees have had a major influence on results
They are poor
Today however our own composure and inability to finish particularly in the first half were just as much to blame.

#20 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

There was a diabolical forward pass missed in the Bradford v Cas game last night! Poor refereeing decisions are always difficult to accept hopefully over the course of the season things will even themselves out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users