Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

great weather for a match

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

The one that got me most was the blatant, almost comical, knock-on by the sheffield lad at a maximum 5 yards from the linesman. The ref may not have seen it from where he was but the whole stand saw it and did the whole 'wayyyyyyyyy' as if to acknowledge that anyone with a pair of eyes saw the player drop the ball from waist height, watched it bounce and then caught it whilst still standing. Just to see the linesman not bat an eyelid and 'play-on' ensue.

Sheffield defo raised their game in the second half and deserved the win, but I agree that we would have got a bonus point without that ref. To be fair though he was just terrible for both sides, I saw a few of our lads throw completely unnoticed forward passes. I think the difference was that the decisions (or lack of) that went against us were in crucial areas whereas the ones that went against Sheffield weren't.
Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#22 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

I wonder if the reason they faded as the 2nd half progressed was because they were not as fit as they are supposed to be.
Perhaps there needs to be greater leadership out on the field plus the big lads may graft and gel better by having their own 'pack leader'. From leading 14-6 soon after the break to slumping dramatically and going down 20-52 at the hooter surely must indicate something went badly wrong out there on the field of play.

#23 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

One of the turning point was just before Sheffield scored their first. Swinton defending on their 20, Sheffield kick through, Lions player jumps and ball hits his foot, goes to a Sheffield player and the ref waves back to 1 and Sheffield score a play later. Now according to the new rules if a player charges down then the play is waved on. If it accidentally hits the player the play is waved on. So how did it go back to first tackle?

Second half, Sheffield player catches the ball from a kick, Swinton player makes no attempt to tackle him but stands over him, steals the ball and passes out wide for us to score in the corner. Ref disallows the try as he says he called held. Why?

Sheffield deserved to win the game but they got a huge assist to do it by Hewer. He was awfull!!!!!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#24 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

makes u wonder why the RFL bother with us at all. The lower leagues are just an annoyance, they should show their true colours and flirt us off to start our own league with a fair playing field.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#25 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

makes u wonder why the RFL bother with us at all. The lower leagues are just an annoyance, they should show their true colours and flirt us off to start our own league with a fair playing field.

This thought has crossed my mind in recent times especially when the Challenge Cup comes around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users