Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team v Doncaster

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#101 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

not one bonus point for the loosing teams this week.

did. hunslet not get s bonus point from dewsbury game

#102 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Could you all keep your messages shorter as poor old haven4ever (BKM) is having a hard job trying to copy them all on the St Helens Reserves site. ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#103 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Yes, so did Keighley.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#104 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

when i checked the scores they were all missing out. as rugby league is about the 20th most important sport to sky sports they were well behind with the updates. making me look a clown lol

Edited by wonky, 17 February 2013 - 08:05 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#105 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Is that a lack of personnel who can see that overlap and execute the quick ball or not coached to do it in your opinion mate?

Its about timing - you are hard pressed to moan about Carter because hes half decent but in the games Ive seen him in he seems to want to beat everyone instead of playing the easy ball but TBF the one time he got rid before the line we score in the corner, As for Coyle - forget it - his brother is the better player and hes championship standard at the best ( that says it all) and if im totally honest you will find players are more comfortable passing one way and if you watch the last three games it becomes apparent that passing to the left is not one of both halves , hookers preferred way.

#106 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Maybe we could radically shift it now and go Gore and Phillips with Olstrum at 9 and Lupton at 13 . May be a bit livelier ? Can't do any worse if we can't get a Widnes lad . We need 3 ball players and not just one .

I think you would struggle to play any Duel Reg in a critical half back position you need them there training all week and playing every week . But if that was the decision Id play Hulme at 6 and you would then see the ball pinging both ways ;) and some rather towering spiralling bombs to add

#107 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Its about timing - you are hard pressed to moan about Carter because hes half decent but in the games Ive seen him in he seems to want to beat everyone instead of playing the easy ball but TBF the one time he got rid before the line we score in the corner, As for Coyle - forget it - his brother is the better player and hes championship standard at the best ( that says it all) and if im totally honest you will find players are more comfortable passing one way and if you watch the last three games it becomes apparent that passing to the left is not one of both halves , hookers preferred way.

Aye the passing to the left has been a problem in the past, which is a fairly fundamental skill really. I have only seen Coyle play in the Fax game so I'll struggle to judge him. But cruely the first time I saw him I thought he looked like Jay Duffy - he can't be that bad though!!! :lol:
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#108 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Ok we got beat but whats up with stack n lupton

#109 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Ok we got beat but whats up with stack n lupton

stack was holding his shoulder after the first five minutes and I think Lupton went off with a hand injury . Also not sure if hes injured or just peed off but Thacks left after getting subbed with 20mins left ??

Edited by wonderofwood, 17 February 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#110 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

either way he shouldnt be leaving the game early.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#111 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Thacks keeps getting took off and does keep getting peed off and I for one can't blame him as he's our most likely lad ... Yes anything else shouldn't occur though .

Edited by DavidM, 17 February 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#112 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Thacks keeps getting took off and does keep getting peed off and I for one can't blame him as he's our most likely lad ... Yes anything else shouldn't occur though .

Did you notice them playing a lad called "murphy" who came on in the second half. I maybe wrong but i think this was the same lad which played last night for the bulls v Cas. Im sure theres some rule about playing two pro games in a certain time frame??

#113 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Rules ... This year , what are they ???? Anything goes . You play a club you think you can beat ... Err until half past two when you see who's playing for them this week ... Rules is out of the Red Hall dictionary . Shenanigans is the word now . We may to shenaniganate with the rest to keep up ...

Edited by DavidM, 17 February 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#114 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Did you notice them playing a lad called "murphy" who came on in the second half. I maybe wrong but i think this was the same lad which played last night for the bulls v Cas. Im sure theres some rule about playing two pro games in a certain time frame??

There was nobody called "Murphy" on the team sheets are you not getting mixed up with the lad Kyle Trout?

#115 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

There was nobody called "Murphy" on the team sheets are you not getting mixed up with the lad Kyle Trout?

I might have been Keith - I was sure it was the lad who played last night they must look like each other - thanks for putting me right :D

#116 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

I thought Town didn't look like scoring, Donny defence was solid and like previous visits to Donny Town seemed to run out of ideas and accept defeat. To long a journey to come home with now't imo :( that French bloke didn't help either!!!!

#117 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

I thought Town didn't look like scoring, Donny defence was solid and like previous visits to Donny Town seemed to run out of ideas and accept defeat. To long a journey to come home with now't imo :( that French bloke didn't help either!!!!

encule ordure :lol: :lol: :lol:

#118 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

encule ordure :lol: :lol: :lol:

We were shoutin something french at him f##k knows what it was though :rolleyes:

#119 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Well looking at the posts I think there's a few people going over board really, the half back thing Is certainly becomming an issue but as far as performance if we had got over there line and actually scored in the first half we would have been ok!! As u will read my previous posts 3 forwards and a replacement hooker is always a must in my 17 but we cannot rely on young Callum Phillips to do everything, the lad is new to the professional game and although playing brilliant they are gradually bringing him on!! Acton impressed me today apart from that bad day at the office and back to the drawing board!! Coyle is clearly not fit yet but isn't a lost cause forber looks very intrested and I do rate Lupton also but lads need creativity and a regular 6 and 7 to play off, 2 home games next and a minimum of 4 points for me is the target!! Up the town!! Keep the faith

#120 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

I also thought there winger who crossed twice Dennis tuffour was outstanding as was the Donny defence! Fair play to them, we owe then at dp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users