Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team v Doncaster

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#141 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Well wonderofwood you can put this right by putting the dvd on the jameaters site?

#142 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Watching that video our defence was poor, quite a few missed tackles.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#143 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Well wonderofwood you can put this right by putting the dvd on the jameaters site?

I would do If I knew how ??? Where is there forum anyway ???

Edited by wonderofwood, 18 February 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#144 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Sorry guys if I was wrong about the timing and if its caused a storm on the jameaters forum. I thought Thacks must have been injured with going early obviously 20mins left was a exageration looking at the clock.

Oh well atleast it kept the jampots occupied on deludedfans.com lol

#145 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

I would do If I knew how ??? Where is there forum anyway ???

Don't do it, you will slide into a severe bout of depression. :(

#146 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Don't do it, you will slide into a severe bout of depression. :(

:D :D

#147 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Watching that video our defence was poor, quite a few missed tackles.

I agree Voodooguru, what happened to our defence? Some very half hearted tackles attempted in that game.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#148 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

How did Gore and Hulme play?I would get Tom Gilmore if short in the halfbacks.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 19 February 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#149 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

CALLUM PHILLIPS 21 TODAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALLUM.

#150 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

How did Gore and Hulme play?I would get Tom Gilmore if short in the halfbacks.

I would say Gore looked the sharpest of our half backs, he seemed to be filling in at hooker. Can't recall Hulme getting too many opportunities but he's a good player. What do you think to the suggestion of playing him at stand-off ?

#151 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I would say Gore looked the sharpest of our half backs, he seemed to be filling in at hooker. Can't recall Hulme getting too many opportunities but he's a good player. What do you think to the suggestion of playing him at stand-off ?

Mate if your short at halfback I give it ago, as was a halfback in the Academy teams.He has not played many first team games to judge him. I used to rate him in the Academy, but not as good as young Tom Gilmore in my opinion. They are different types of players though and injuries have not helped Gore in his development.Same with Adam Lawton a great talent, and injuries effected his progress.Declan Hulme is part time till end of March due to his studies.Be interesting how good he will be once in full-time training.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 20 February 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#152 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

What concerns me a wee bit that with this tie up with WIDNES Instead of looking at our local lads we just think if we are short of a player get on the phone to WIDNES.Having signed the likes of DAN ROONEY BOTH THE PHILLIPS LADS with good success just hope we dont neglect the local lads because there are lots of talent out there.

#153 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I dont know the local scene but are there many that could step up? It's a lot more difficult to step up this season than last season

#154 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

the problem is with bringing in local amateurs they often take time to settle into the pro game (brett and dan are an exception) especially now were in the championship. but if there a replacement for an injured player then they have to hit the ground running,although its not a certainty, you would expect the widnes lads to be able to slot in easier. i personally would prefer to look at local lads 1st but you also dont want to be putting heaps of pressure on them and expecting them to deliver straight away. pre season is the best time to be signing amateurs to give them plenty of time to get up to speed and get used to the pro game.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#155 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Aye I'm afraid if we need a little help in the creation or finishing stakes as it looks we do we have to have the quick fix , especially with the cutthroat nature of this league . You gotta get points on the board and help yourself short term.

#156 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Yes your right wonky it is a big step bringing an amateur. But i still think there are lads out there as good as these academy lads that we are getting from widnes. Just my opinion mind?

#157 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Karl Dixon would waltz into the Town team
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#158 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

And there is a lad at Grasslot that has been training at different times with town that looked very sharp think he plays hooker just cant think of his name maybe you know gillmeister.

#159 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Karl Dixon would waltz into the Town team

lets get Karl waltzing then..surely worth a go.

#160 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

What position does Karl Dixon play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users