estimated attendances

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

I noticed that havens crowd on Thursday was reported as 800 (estimated) :o This seems to happen quite regular at haven, but never at Town.....why is this ?....Turnstiles on the blink ? who knows :rolleyes:

#2 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Certainly didn't look like 800 on the telly...Wasn't many in the grandstand and the Kells End didn't have many in it..... They must have all been hiding in TV camera blind spots! :lol:
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#3 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

I've heard it was 650 tops.

#4 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I noticed that havens crowd on Thursday was reported as 800 (estimated) :o This seems to happen quite regular at haven, but never at Town.....why is this ?....Turnstiles on the blink ? who knows :rolleyes:

Something to do with the Power Cut, they operate electrically, so no one went thru turnstile when lefty was off.

HW

#5 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Something to do with the Power Cut, they operate electrically, so no one went thru turnstile when lefty was off.

HW

Thats the reason. They were unable to get an official figure due to the power cut
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thats the reason. They were unable to get an official figure due to the power cut

Whatever happened to the old method of counting the cash taken???

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Now now Keith you should know that counting money isn't a strong suit of the chaps down the road!!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#8 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

That's easy done but how do you split it by the 3 prices on the turnstile.

HW

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

That's easy done but how do you split it by the 3 prices on the turnstile.

HW

Come on Havenwarrior, you haven't always had electronic turnstiles!! You have a concessions turnstile and full price turnstiles, so it shouldn't be too difficult to seperate, plus you charge the same price for the ground as you do for the stand so it doesn't need splitting.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users