Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Huns 4 Dewsbury 14

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Three games each is far too few to be going naming relegation certainties, but from what I've seen, what other fans have been saying, and the results so far, I have us ahead of Barrow, Swinton, York and possibly Keighley, and about the same level as Workington, Whitehaven and Doncaster.

Despite the Dewsbury lot's unhappiness at the grind-out yesterday, I reckon their coach will have been well pleased with their work in defence, which by itself puts them ahead of all of the above at the minute.

It will have been a good season if we can finish top of the mini group mentioned above. On reflection I'm a bit more positive about yesterday's performance. Last year we were conceding late tries to miss out on bonus points. Yesterday we stuck to the task for the full 80. That's improvement and hopefully shows we are moving in the right direction.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#22 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

I for one would have taken 4 points from our 1st 3 games, so its not all and doom, Dewsbury are no mugs they have spent some cash in the off season, have got some quality youngsters and quality from Bradford on dual reg, I think they were was nothing between us yesterday, we conceded ###### tries and didn't have the edge to turn our possession in to points, but we competed and the effort from the lads was there for all to see. Donny & Haven next up at home, 2 massive matches which could define our season.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#23 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

well lets hope Paul Cooke and Jamie Rooney dont do the buisness then...
Posted Image

#24 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

I for one would have taken 4 points from our 1st 3 games, so its not all and doom, Dewsbury are no mugs they have spent some cash in the off season, have got some quality youngsters and quality from Bradford on dual reg, I think they were was nothing between us yesterday, we conceded ###### tries and didn't have the edge to turn our possession in to points, but we competed and the effort from the lads was there for all to see. Donny & Haven next up at home, 2 massive matches which could define our season.

I think you'll do OK based on yesterday. Look at it another way, we only got beat by 2 points against Fev last week and we only beat you by 10. Look at glass half full. You also beat Barrow by roughly the same difference as Fev. It could be that the Rams are up there in the top 2 or 3 this season. We don't yet know what we're measuring it's still early days.

#25 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

well lets hope Paul Cooke and Jamie Rooney dont do the buisness then...

Take it you won't be backing us with 10 start Steve ;)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#26 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

I backed us yday with 10 another missed goal kick done me...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users