Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights suffer Bulldogs bite

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

York City Knights suffered a heavy defeat at the LoveRugbyLeague.com Stadium today as Batley took full advantage of some sloppy defending and indiscipline to cruise to a 42-4 victory on a bright but chilly early spring day.

Cheers for the hospitality today guys, a cracking afternoon at a cracking club. Shame about the game though! ;)
Posted Image

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Most of us tried to warn you of the inevitable!

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#3 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Piggy

A tadge arrogant me thinks,

Tbh you do not look like any world beaters, we were just shocking and no physical match, you play basic solid rugby and clearly do take some advantage on that pitch, cannot see you challenging Fev, Sheffield, Leigh or Fax though.
Posted Image

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Time will tell

#5 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

A fair report Gav. We looked forward to the return visit later in the year. ANDYPK what's with the slope excuse. Last time I looked it was 40 mins each way!!!! As for challenging the 4 you mention, I agree with PM. Lets wait and see

#6 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

A fair report Gav. We looked forward to the return visit later in the year. ANDYPK what's with the slope excuse. Last time I looked it was 40 mins each way!!!! As for challenging the 4 you mention, I agree with PM. Lets wait and see

#7 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Piggy

Tbh you do not look like any world beaters, we were just shocking and no physical match, you play basic solid rugby and clearly do take some advantage on that pitch, cannot see you challenging Fev, Sheffield, Leigh or Fax though.

I dont think we are world beaters, but I could say the same about Fev (albeit in horrific conditions), Leigh, Halifax and Sheffield based on the games i've seen this season, but it's far too early to really judge. If we keep our key players fit though I'm pretty confident we'll finish at least 5th, and could perhaps challenge for 3/4th, which given the comparable budgets of the 4 aforementioned sides would be great achievement.

If comments come across as arrogant I dont think it's the intention. Our fans are just enjoying the fact we've gone from perenial relegation contenders to an established Top 4/5 side in the space of 3/4 years, thanks to great leadership from the Chairman and Board, two respected Coaches and the recruitment of some very good players at this level on a relatively small budget. However, most Batley fans know all about struggling and watching very poor sides week in and week out.

Our first choice 17 can match and beat any team in this division on it's day. Doing it is an entirely different proposition though, as we found out (yet again) at Sheffield last week when we had more than enough possession to win the game, but dreadful ball retention cost us.

I'm confident we'll have a good year though, and hope York do too as your fans are clearly very passionate.

Edited by Nick07, 17 February 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#8 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

We at batley are a well run club with limited funds and loyal support . I agree with dual reg players but disagree when a super league center in joe arundel turning out . When a player from who would normaly start dosnt . I feel this will tell with team moral as the season continues due to no consitenty . Short mindness of a coach impo

#9 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Andypk thinks we sound arogant? Come on you recruited a full team of players like us . And have use of a dualreg which i agree with in principle but to sacrafice players u fetched in to not play to allow hull players to get fit . To get short term results is silly . Imho i feel this will cause uprest and players wondering who comming in next week who got to make way for them

#10 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Remember its a training game to those super dooper league players nothing else

#11 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

That probley true but this cant be good to a player who would give u 100 percent week in week out only for the coach to drop him a super league superstar lol just trying to get fit makes these new dualreg scheme a joke imho

#12 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Piggy

Have to say some York fans seemed to use the Swinton win as a yardstick and were going to show us some flowing attacking rugby!

Id say your fans got a huge reality check today, thats not being arrogant, thats just how today panned out.

Weve one 1 major trophy since 1926 - we may be many things at Batley, but arrogant isnt one of them!
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#13 Philius T Wilderbeest

Philius T Wilderbeest
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Strange how different people see things. I've just watched the highlights reel of the game on the York website, and I can't see any hint of a 'forward pass' infringement in either of the tries we scored after Presley's disallowed effort. These tries seem to be the main points of contention from York fans - and I'd suggest they're way off the mark.

#14 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Philius you get this "slant eyed"view from teams who watch their rugby been stood to far away from the field of play.
we had it yesterday at hunslet..they could see
ever error we made in play while sat over a 100 yards from the pitch...one heard screaming "hes a inch short" how anybody can work out a inch difference for 100 yards away is bordering on super powers...
just dismiss yorks rants in the same way we dismiss hunslets....crazy fools ;)

#15 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

That's a nice little highlights package on the York site.
Is there any reason why we can't have a similar film clip every week on the Bulldogs site??
It would certainly be appreciated by those of us who can't make it up to Batley every week.
The keighley site showed clips from the Bulldogs game earlier in the season.

#16 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

That's a nice little highlights package on the York site.
Is there any reason why we can't have a similar film clip every week on the Bulldogs site??
It would certainly be appreciated by those of us who can't make it up to Batley every week.
The keighley site showed clips from the Bulldogs game earlier in the season.

We used to do this - beginning of last season. Not sure why we're not doing it anymore but I'll ask around at the club.

#17 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Guys

Like the way you guys stick together and to be honest talk a lot of sense, check my post on arrogance -aimed squarely at Piggys comment, not on any others. I also agree about DR, dislike the whole thing, not good for us smaller clubs as very short term and limits chances for younger players and of course you get used to an certain quality and then at a whim the parent club looks after themselves and takes the player back.

Think we did see a great display against Swinton, however never expected to beat you, however I did expect a bonus point, soon as we conceded first try writing was on the wall, you have a big side and we don't and that will be our problem again, think we should be ok in the backs but look atvRowe and Hirst two man-mountains.

Good luck lads
Posted Image

#18 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

I hope u do well and agree with u on dr i think it inder rather than help in the long run. Also how many dual reg do u think will be allowed to play in challenge cup for u . I dont think any which means u ave to find players to take there places only to probley not play the week after when ur dual regs can play again . Which will lead to players wanting to leave to get games .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users