Joel Tomkins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 tigersfan

tigersfan
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

How good was he as a league player? Have watched him a few times for Sarries and he looks ok, but not great, and he is not a regular first team starter

#2 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

I'll go first, a bloody good player, fast and not a centre.... He ain't a union type player, but his brother is

#3 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Great athlete, strong, quick, aggressive. Didn't have great natural rugby skills but could have become an absolute top class second rower. Nice guy as well unless you cross him or his kin on the pitch.

#4 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Great athlete, strong, quick, aggressive. Didn't have great natural rugby skills but could have become an absolute top class second rower. Nice guy as well unless you cross him or his kin on the pitch.

Doesn't Richie Myler know that

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,739 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

How good was he as a league player? Have watched him a few times for Sarries and he looks ok, but not great, and he is not a regular first team starter

Your first post, what a surprise.

Try putting this question on the "Cross code forum" and you might get a reasonable debate.

Otherwise people might, with some justification, think you're a troll.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 tigersfan

tigersfan
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Where is the cross code forum?

#7 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Try putting this question on the "Cross code forum" and you might get a reasonable debate.

I think you need a certain number of posts before you can use the cross code forum.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,739 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

I think you need a certain number of posts before you can use the cross code forum.

That rule was probably brought in with some justification, as this thread seems to point out.

It's here for the OP.

If they can't see it from the link, your explanation will tell them why.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

I guess tigersfan doesn't support Castleford, then.

And yes, you do need to establish a reputation before you can use the Cross Code Forum.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#10 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Trolls live in hull or Gateshead

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 17 February 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Be nice about league and don't use the word FACT (capital letters essential) then you'll be fine, whether you're Cas, Leicester, Wests or Cincinnati Bengals.

And yes, I'd welcome Tomkins, Eastmond, Adamson, Farrell, Ashton, Sa and even Myler back to the game. Anymore?!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 tigersfan

tigersfan
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Leicester.
Can't seem to get into that forum, so how long does it take to establish a 'reputation'? Will the fact that I prefer union count against me?

#13 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,739 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Leicester.
Can't seem to get into that forum, so how long does it take to establish a 'reputation'? Will the fact that I prefer union count against me?

No, but the content of your posting might.

#14 tigersfan

tigersfan
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

You can have Myler back. Rumour is he is going to sign for us

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Leicester.

A fair few posts. As long as you're not slagging us off, this is a league forum after all, then you'll be fine. Post on AOB if need be!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 tigersfan

tigersfan
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Quite confused here. What exactly is the issue with what I have posted?

#17 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

He was a second row forward at Wigan, pressed into playing centre when we had no be to play there. He is a top player, shame he moved to union when he did, too early, he still learning as a player. Watched him play for Sarries sat, played well, commentators thought so as well. He will play rah rah for England, he has bags of potential. Watch more closely, he is very skillful for a big guy.

#18 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Nothing.

league fans are twatsssss and the Yorkshire ones are the worst..... Honest..... You've asked a good and honest question.

It's not as though you've asked what is the difference between east ridings, humberside or east 'ull

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 17 February 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#19 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Nothing.

league fans are twatsssss and the Yorkshire ones are the worst..... Honest..... You've asked a good and honest question.

It's not as though you've asked what is the difference between east ridings, humberside or east 'ull

Lick anymore boots tonight and you'll go down with cherry blossom poisoning.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#20 tigersfan

tigersfan
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

I thought he was ok, couple of spilled passes, good defence. To me, he looks more like a flanker, but that takes ages to learn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users