RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

county champ results

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

County Chamionship results today.
U19's Cumbria 36-22 Lancashire.
OA Cumbria 36-12 Lancashire.

#2 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

County Chamionship results today.
U19's Cumbria 36-22 Lancashire.
OA Cumbria 36-12 Lancashire.

Well done Cumbria,county O/A Champions again!

Brilliant acheivement well done to all involved!

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

And also County Under 19's Champions as well. Well done lads.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Well done Cumbria,county O/A Champions again!

Brilliant acheivement well done to all involved!

would av been an even greater achievement if the competition had been taken seriously by everyone concerned. ended up a joke competition in my eyes. make it up as we go along comes to mind.

#5 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

would av been an even greater achievement if the competition had been taken seriously by everyone concerned. ended up a joke competition in my eyes. make it up as we go along comes to mind.

Try telling that to the lads who were selected,trained and played for their county?

#6 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Try telling that to the lads who were selected,trained and played for their county?

depends which county, looking at the lancs team, looks like it was thrown together on the morning of the match. like i say would and should av been a bigger achievement. county championship played over 4 months instead of 3 weeks, you couldnt make it up.

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

depends which county, looking at the lancs team, looks like it was thrown together on the morning of the match. like i say would and should av been a bigger achievement. county championship played over 4 months instead of 3 weeks, you couldnt make it up.

You've not had many dealings with the RFL then, we often didn't know how the format at the end of a season would pan out until the last couple of games and one season it changed once the play off's started :o
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#8 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

This is nothing to do with the RFL though Marauder so not sure what your posts trying to achieve, the County championship was a disaster and people at BARLA know that it has been mainly down to the Lancashire decision not to travel to Cumbria and the lack of action to force there hand. They need to change the timing of the games or it will be same again this year!

Congratulations to the Cumbrian lads there probably one of the strongest line ups that the county has ever assembled
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#9 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

This is nothing to do with the RFL though Marauder so not sure what your posts trying to achieve, the County championship was a disaster and people at BARLA know that it has been mainly down to the Lancashire decision not to travel to Cumbria and the lack of action to force there hand. They need to change the timing of the games or it will be same again this year!

Congratulations to the Cumbrian lads there probably one of the strongest line ups that the county has ever assembled

Is it not, so what do you think/believe was being insinuated.

I'd play the County championship just after a Inter Town competition that would be used for selection.

#10 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

What is being insinuated is fair enough however, The fact is that the competition was scheduled for a time when most clubs in Lancashire had finished there season and the game didnt go ahead. I used to enjoy the inter town games but the the amateur game has spread that far maybe selection for BARLA squads etc needs to go further than "tri counties" and constantly highlighting RFL faults doesnt make the errors in BARLA competitions any more excusable

#11 redbeckroad

redbeckroad
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Back on topic chaps, hopefully these victories along with both Wath Brow and Egremont's achievements in the NCL last season will go a long way to boosting the the numbers in youth rugby within the county, God knows it's needed!

By the way Gilmeister do you have any details on the game, there's nothing in the N and S.

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

What is being insinuated is fair enough however, The fact is that the competition was scheduled for a time when most clubs in Lancashire had finished there season and the game didnt go ahead. I used to enjoy the inter town games but the the amateur game has spread that far maybe selection for BARLA squads etc needs to go further than "tri counties" and constantly highlighting RFL faults doesnt make the errors in BARLA competitions any more excusable

I don't understand how you can expect BARLA to move all their planning around teams that have moved away from the season that they promote

#13 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Back on topic chaps, hopefully these victories along with both Wath Brow and Egremont's achievements in the NCL last season will go a long way to boosting the the numbers in youth rugby within the county, God knows it's needed!

By the way Gilmeister do you have any details on the game, there's nothing in the N and S.

here you go m8 http://www.nwemail.c...rt/rugby-league Edit: i dont kno which scores are correct. im assuming it them on NWEM, as the ones on the OP were just copied of milloms FB acount. cumbria won though...... Get in!!!

Edited by shun, 18 February 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#14 redbeckroad

redbeckroad
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

here you go m8 http://www.nwemail.c...rt/rugby-league Edit: i dont kno which scores are correct. im assuming it them on NWEM, as the ones on the OP were just copied of milloms FB acount. cumbria won though...... Get in!!!

Cheers for that Marra, looks like your local press are on the ball, I'll have a look now.

#15 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

I don't understand how you can expect BARLA to move all their planning around teams that have moved away from the season that they promote

Its simple. wether they like it or not the majority of BARLA teams now play March to September so if they want to continue having a meaningful county series they will have to accomodate there member clubs in Lancashire and Cumbria or risk this years fiasco happening again and it going the same way as the national cup and lancashire cup etc

#16 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

And I thought BARLA were committed to backing clubs and leagues no matter which season they chose to play in Marauder??

#17 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Its simple. wether they like it or not the majority of BARLA teams now play March to September so if they want to continue having a meaningful county series they will have to accomodate there member clubs in Lancashire and Cumbria or risk this years fiasco happening again and it going the same way as the national cup and lancashire cup etc

Cumbria didn't seem to have a problem.

#18 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

And I thought BARLA were committed to backing clubs and leagues no matter which season they chose to play in Marauder??

They are and to my knowledge its not compulsory for a BARLA club to enter any of the competitions organised by the association.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users