Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Richie Myler on Channel 4

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,093 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Another TV appearance for RL, as well as Martin Offiah's on 'Pointless'.

One of the guests on yesterday's 'Sunday Brunch' was Helen Skelton. No, not Charlie Manson's favourite Beatles song, but the Blue Peter presenter.

Both the hosts were talking about her fiancé Richie, and he eventually made an appearance at the end of the programme.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Ah Tim Lovejoy again. For all his faults, he does big up RL quite often. It's noticable that the general knowledge of RL as a sport on Soccer AM has plummited since he left - to a quite embarrassing standard when Ryan Hall was on the other week.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#3 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

It would be fantastic if he could get a slot on Blue Peter one of these days.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

I dunno exactly why Helen was on Sunday Brunch, I skipped yesterday's episode, but on Blue Peter a couple of weeks ago she started her Comic Relief challenge, which involved an array of tasks. The first was to kick a conversion at Twickenham, she got some advice from Myler and started the peice at the Halliwell Jones.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

I dunno exactly why Helen was on Sunday Brunch, I skipped yesterday's episode, but on Blue Peter a couple of weeks ago she started her Comic Relief challenge, which involved an array of tasks. The first was to kick a conversion at Twickenham, she got some advice from Myler and started the peice at the Halliwell Jones.

I sincerely hope she didn't tread the hallowed HQ turf after professionalising herself so brazenly.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Ah Tim Lovejoy again. For all his faults, he does big up RL quite often. It's noticable that the general knowledge of RL as a sport on Soccer AM has plummited since he left - to a quite embarrassing standard when Ryan Hall was on the other week.

I think you're being harsh on them they were very good at mentioning he was in the 'Super League World team of the year.' Great research.

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

I sincerely hope she didn't tread the hallowed HQ turf after professionalising herself so brazenly.

She missed. T'was half time in the first Sick Nations game too. And "professionalising herself so brazenly" does sound like something out of Wuthering Heights! Get in there Richie lad, he's proffing her brains out...

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

He is a lucky little ######.

#9 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

After the last World Cup in the UK, Blue Peter vowed never to go near RL again. They arranged a day of filming at Hillsborough Arena, with some local school kids etc, with the Ireland team scheduled to turn up sometime early afternoon (i.e when the light was still good) so that presenter Simon Thomas (he of Sky Sports News fame now) so they could film them training and Simon "scoring a try" against them. The Ireland team were two hours late, by which time the light was going.

The Blue Peter production staff weren't impressed one bit. The World Cup PR guy at the time was next to useless.

Still, that couldn't happen again - these days the RFL and RLWC PR departments have got their act together.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#10 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I think you're being harsh on them they were very good at mentioning he was in the 'Super League World team of the year.' Great research.

Not to mention asking him if he'd ever played at Old Trafford, and if he was looking forward to the Super League World Cup!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users