Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Halifax

24/2 3pm

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

funny how everyone remembers it as Tuffour leaving us wide open on the wing and not his centre leaving him stranded with half a pitch width to cover.

Was the centre Esders or Garside? Can't recall.

Score was 76 v 38 though. Me dad was wandering around in shock saying "How the hell you score 38 points and still get beat I'll never know"

Andy
I know what you mean about his centre but it was funny at the time, centre was I think.

Certainly not a day for defences
Posted Image

#22 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Looking at the club website sounds like we are struggling for personel on Sunday, all
we can ask is that we get the same 'bodies on the line' commitment as we did against
Swinton & just tackle them to death.
One thing for certain, the lads will really need some loud & commited support this week.

Edited by shades2, 22 February 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#23 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

funny how everyone remembers it as Tuffour leaving us wide open on the wing and not his centre leaving him stranded with half a pitch width to cover.

I dont, Denis didnt have a prayer that day or at Sheffield when much the same thing happened !!

#24 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Looking at the club website sounds like we are struggling for personel on Sunday, all
we can ask is that we get the same 'bodies on the line' commitment as we did against
Swinton & just tackle them to death.
One thing for certain, the lads will really need some loud & commited support this week.

The physio room was pretty busy last night at training but would be nice to see Haynsie get a run, apparently Jake Joynt went very well in the 20's on Wednesday and, hopefully, Stenno's back. George Elliott is another busting for some game time - opportunity for them all to show what they've got.

#25 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

looking at the sqad it's going to be a damage limitation exercise
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#26 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

looking at the sqad it's going to be a damage limitation exercise

As long as the players give 100% that will do me.

#27 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

As long as the players give 100% that will do me.

Always agree with your sentiments on that one John.

BUT, I am already getting a horrible feeling of deja vu, especially reading Press reports that bear striking similarities to the last couple of seasons, injuries to key players, not enough strength in depth, and availability of D.R. etc etc.

Apart from fans frustrations with displays last season we knew that essentially the club couldn't lose because of no relegation, but we're in a whole new ball game this year with the "little teams" scrapping to avoid the drop into oblivion. Lets hope the Knights are able to field a winning team in our "targetted" matches, as well as occasionally shocking the big boys.

In fact, lets start the shocks today!!

#28 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

14-18 ht.Was leading 14-0

#29 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Full time Knights 14 Halifax 18
crowd 909

#30 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I think the fact that everyone stayed behind to cheer the lads even though we lost says everything really. Think we could have won if Sam Scott hadn't been injured about 15 minutes in. Good game, very pleased, even though it's a loss.

It's time to park the camels.

#31 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Today with the team we put out against a full Halifax 17 we just put the P back in proud, each and every man.
Great D on show esspecialy in the second half, well done guys.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

could not fault the lads today
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#33 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Great performance today from 1 to 17, as Ian says proud to be a Knights fan lets have a few more days like this.

Edited by Spanish Knight, 24 February 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#34 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Couldn't ask for any more considering everything , losing Sam so early was a blow as we missed his effort & more importantly his defensive qualities but a great effort from everyone , well done to all
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#35 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

110% from all players today from a tough fax side,even laughton had a good game.
Just shows what can happen when ref is playing a fair game.
Good bit of banter from fax fans again ,looking forward to trip to fax.bring on Sheffield on Friday.

#36 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Did york have two tries disallowed?

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#37 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Fantastic Effort 1 - 17, superb game couldn't take your eyes off it, big pat on the back to both sides for serving up a cracker played hard but in good spirit and with great banter from the stands.
Though Bowden and Handley both massive in defence, big wrap for Ed Smith who was excellent throughout,, but mom for me today was Jack Aldous total commitment and effort.
Well played lads, great way to bounce back after last weeks game.

Edited by Andy Knight, 24 February 2013 - 07:19 PM.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

#38 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Did york have two tries disallowed?

yes we did

#39 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Today with the team we put out against a full Halifax 17 we just put the P back in proud, each and every man.
Great D on show esspecialy in the second half, well done guys.

Yes,apart from Handforths belated Xmas present in the first half the Knights defence seemed a lot tighter than last week and the players deserve a lot of credit for keeping it going in the second half.
Actually think that overall a draw would have been a fair result and in a nervous second forty as the Knights got in their faces a strangely subdued Fax suddenly realised that they might lose.
Anthony Thackeray, a player I was sorry to see leave us, did nothing much today and an increasingly frustrated big Karl hauled him off in the second half.

It was a strange feeling leaving the stadium after a loss feeling that we had won but if the players show this sort of commitment during the rest of the campaign there's no reason why we shouldn't stay up.

#40 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Agree with all on here, fantastic effort by all the lads and if the disallowed try had stuck in the first half It might just have been a different outcome. Defensively probably one of the best performances I have seen from the Knights for a long long time, Ed Smiths tackle on our own line on their No.14 was immense and saved a certain try. Probably best display we have ever had out of old one eye as referee as well, limited penalties made a flowing game and despite no points either way in 2nd half it was a belter of a game. Honestly I was expecting a 30pts beating, bonus point was brilliant, however I also left the ground thinking what could have been.

Thanks to both sides who made a good spectacle.

Come on Knights follow this up at Sheffield on Friday with a similar display and we may come away with something from the Eagles for a change .

Edited by ANDYPK, 24 February 2013 - 08:11 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 24/2, 3pm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users