12 replies to this topic

#1 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Widnes don't have a game this weekend.

Workington are at home to Sheffield !

Every Widnes player has been dual-regsitered with Town !

Will we see Widnes turning out in blue and white on sunday ????

Posted Image

#2 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

No. Although entire SL first team squads have been dual-registered with some Championship clubs, only 5 dual reg or loan players can appear in any week's 17.

Edited by Dave W, 18 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#3 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Still, it will be interesting to see which players turn out on the weekend for Town.

Posted Image

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

you wont see that happening at town. and when mattinson,miller,rooney and mossop return there wont be any widnes lads in the town squad. although when you look at the raiders results would you really complain about a helping hand. its all good and well rubbishing the system (and i personally think that it stinks) but if its either getting players in to get us results until our better players return or end up players skolars again next year then i know which i option i would take everytime.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

shouldnt gloat at our results if you think system stinks.barrow should be applauded for the way we are doing things. what th rl have done is shoved the one team cumbria a bit nearer. but then again the raiders will stand firm. how will teams up the coast react if a pot of silver is put in front of them?

#6 Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Come on - how many Widnes players are good enough to play for Town - maybe Gareth Hock - oops, he's not for loan.

Maybe you could borrow Dennis Betts as Dual Reg Coach.

Widnes get enough money now they are back in Sky Super League Circus without Town helping to fund their A team.

Question - Widnes got into Super League because of
a) Good ground - not their own of course
B) Winning a Trophy - not their players of course but a few loanees from Wire
c) Having a great Youth system - why are they buying other teams' cast offs and using Town as a Youth system

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

We will still beat use tho up the tpwn

#8 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

hope worky play as bad as your spelling mate :lol:

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#9 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Come on SHIPBUILDER get that chip of your shoulder with your sarcastic remarks about town.Most of the town would like to see your club doing well. Town have used the DR system has i think it was meant to be used. And as barrow have decided not to go with that then ok Wishing the raiders all the best exccept next week.

#10 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Sorry up the TOWN

#11 Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Chip is still on the shoulder but no sarcasm intended at Town. Hope that Town and Haven do almost as well as Barrow this year.

Chip is caused by RL and Widnes having a cosy arrangement to have no prom or relegation but make sure the Chemics get their share of Sky money.

What a job Dennis Betts has, doesn't need to win in Championship but still gets moved up to SL, doesn't win anything in SL but no relegation and still a big cash handout!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

If there is know sarcasm intended at town why post about there tie up with widnes . Why not Warrington and Swinton and all the other DR arrangement with the other clubs in our league.??

#13 Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

I don't like DR and don't like the power the SL clubs - doesn't matter if it's Saints, Wire or Wigan.

I don't think the DR system will help any Championship club long term, I always think Barrow fooled themselves into thinking everything was good when McGilvarey was scoring hat tricks for us but who's laughing now, I think Huddersfield are benefiting a lot more than Barrow.

OK this thread was called Workington Vikings but my replies would be the same to Keighley Tigers, Swinton Wolves or Hunslet Rhinos.

Come on Town - your future is with good West Cumberland players and I hope you do well this season.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users