Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Duel Registration

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

if the RFL are short of cash why would they offer cash insentives to get the amateur game to switch to summer if its not for Due registrations, any other ideas?

When the offer was made to help towards cost of travel i think the RFL were in a lot better financially, since the swithc RFL have lost a lot of funding and dual reg has come to the forfront but i find it funny that you can think these are linked there is a year difference or do you believe all these things were decided before the travel grant was offered.

Id also love to know which if any NCL agreed to switch because of the travel grant offer.

#22 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

When the offer was made to help towards cost of travel i think the RFL were in a lot better financially, since the swithc RFL have lost a lot of funding and dual reg has come to the forfront but i find it funny that you can think these are linked there is a year difference or do you believe all these things were decided before the travel grant was offered.

Id also love to know which if any NCL agreed to switch because of the travel grant offer.

a year is not a long time, people often get the nod and a wink in all walks of life prior to an event taking place so its not imposible,
no one would change for cash alone but it helped the summer argument, but you havnt answered my question,

money has been in short supply for a while so why would they offer money, and offer it to the best well run teams in the country who have easilly managed there own financies
for years,

if there was spare cash to develope surly it would have been better to use the cash in other areas, its like the goverment offering there spare cash to millionairs.

why would they offer it to the best finacially secure clubs in the country? is the plot not unfolding over Deul Registration, im no expert and not saying im right just looking for resanable explanation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users