Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Club Challenge: Leeds Rhinos v Melbourne Storm

Rhinos media release RFL media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

2. Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points (4 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

3. Voted Leeds Rhinos by 1 - 6 points (11 votes [25.58%])

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

4. Melbourne Storm by 1 - 6 points (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

5. Melbourne Storm by 7 to 12 points (13 votes [30.23%])

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

6. Melbourne Storm by 13 points or more (13 votes [30.23%])

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

Vote

#21 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Didn't think Cameron Smith could score points for Leeds

:D

#22 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Will be looking to see how Sir Kev goes in this game, he is going up against the majority of Aus 1 6 7 and 9 combination. I think he'll likely be outclassed but not by an Aussie.

:D

#23 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Storm by 24

Our back line is shot to pieces and I fear for us if Keinhorst plays. The kid, by no fault of his own, has been out of his depth against Cas and Salford. Melbourne will kill him. If Vickery miraculously recovers though it will be closer.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#24 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

i can see it decending into a farce now that "shoulder charges" are'nt allowed....can see melbourne whinging after every big hit....and leeds having a couple of players sin binned for perfectly good tackles...

gonna have to opt for melbourne to win by a try or 2 now..

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#25 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Storm by 24

Our back line is shot to pieces and I fear for us if Keinhorst plays. The kid, by no fault of his own, has been out of his depth against Cas and Salford. Melbourne will kill him. If Vickery miraculously recovers though it will be closer.

Keinhorst is not a winger, though he has played their at Student level. He is better at centre. But Leeds have little choice but to play him on the wing at mo

#26 Blotto

Blotto
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Leeds need to be 3 or 4 trys in front at half time to have a chance to win it, One of Storms strengths is having a strong 2nd half and not worrying about being behind!
Bellyache's re-signing will have given the Storm Squad a big lift!
Brian & Jimmy have learned the way to win these one offs under Nobby at the Bulls as Players, then last year as Coachs and thats a big plus for the Rhinos!
I expect Rhinos to be first out of the blocks and dominate the 1st half while Storm find the tempo of the Game, 2nd half should see a Storm surge, There won't be much in it score wise!

Edited by Blotto, 19 February 2013 - 08:02 AM.

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

#27 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Whooo hoo its being shown In Oz on free to air TV pretty well LIVE, first time in recent memory.
Great news.

#28 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Leeds need to be 3 or 4 trys in front at half time to have a chance to win it, One of Storms strengths is having a strong 2nd half and not worrying about being behind!
Bellyache's re-signing will have given the Storm Squad a big lift!
Brian & Jimmy have learned the way to win these one offs under Nobby at the Bulls as Players, then last year as Coachs and thats a big plus for the Rhinos!
I expect Rhinos to be first out of the blocks and dominate the 1st half while Storm find the tempo of the Game, 2nd half should see a Storm surge, There won't be much in it score wise!

Not sure if you will see 20 or so points put on them in one half though Blotto.
They have only conceded just under 16 points a game in the last four seasons.

#29 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

Keinhorst is not a winger, though he has played their at Student level. He is better at centre. But Leeds have little choice but to play him on the wing at mo

I know, that's why I said through no fault of his own, however, it doesn't excuse him for missing more tackles than he makes or for dropping the ball for fun. His inept perforformances have not had anything to do with him playing out of position. He's just been dead set awful.

#30 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,786 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Given Leeds' current form and available squad, as long as Melbourne aren't too rusty this should be a win for the Storm. Just hoping for a really good game.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#31 brooza

brooza
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

It's the RFL's fault that Storm don't have a warm up game. :rolleyes: ;)

http://www.smh.com.a...0218-2enio.html

A trial game against London would have been no benefit to them whatsoever

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#32 brooza

brooza
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Not overly confident, but I have my ticket and Leeds know how to win the big games, so here's hoping!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#33 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Its a toss of a coin.
One team is far superior in Players, Coach and ability but may be going through the motions for pre season contractual obligations.

The other is charged up for it like a Grand Final with a point to prove. playing at home a few games into their season and carrying the honour and Glory of the Nation on their chest to prove that the game in England can compete and win against the Convicts.

p.s Do not underestimate the "Skill factor" and Leadership from the best player in the game on the outcome of this Arm wrestle.

Storm by 15+

Jokes aside, I hope its a good game and there is no controversy or poor refereeing that changes the outcome of the Game.

May the best team win and the game be a spectacle that showcases the best the game has too offer.

Edited by AndyCapp, 19 February 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#34 T-Dub

T-Dub
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Looks like I cant turn up with a tatty £20 note ten minutes before kick off as usual...
http://www.therhinos.../news/19761.php

#35 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Looks like I cant turn up with a tatty £20 note ten minutes before kick off as usual...

The capacity of a neutral ground like Headingley for a World Class match such as this is only 20,000 k that suggest the game should have been played at a bigger Arena.

#36 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,079 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

The capacity of a neutral ground like Headingley for a World Class match such as this is only 20,000 k that suggest the game should have been played at a bigger Arena.

And pay for the use of said bigger arena.
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#37 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,347 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

I was quite surprised by this...

It is only the second time in the modern era that Headingley Carnegie has been sold out before the day of the game

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#38 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

I was quite surprised by this...

Any ideas what the other one was? Normally when we have had sell outs you can still pay on the gate for the WT though.

Leeds actually haven't had a domestic 20k crowd in 4 years now.

#39 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Any ideas what the other one was? Normally when we have had sell outs you can still pay on the gate for the WT though.

Leeds actually haven't had a domestic 20k crowd in 4 years now.

Was it not last years WCC? Sure that sold out too!

#40 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

And pay for the use of said bigger arena.

Melbourne Storms home ground holds 30,000k they would not have charged too much.
Its slightly more modern too.
http://images.theage...STORM-420x0.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users