League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Club Challenge: Leeds Rhinos v Melbourne Storm

Rhinos media release RFL media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

2. Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points (4 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

3. Voted Leeds Rhinos by 1 - 6 points (11 votes [25.58%])

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

4. Melbourne Storm by 1 - 6 points (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

5. Melbourne Storm by 7 to 12 points (13 votes [30.23%])

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

6. Melbourne Storm by 13 points or more (13 votes [30.23%])

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

Vote

#61 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Brownlee brothers to present the trophy.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#62 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Posted Image

Quick vid of Melbourne attacking in tonight's Training session against Fax at the Shay. Click on the still and it will take you to my photobucket account.

Here's them in Defense too:
Posted Image

Edited by Harrigan, 19 February 2013 - 10:56 PM.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#63 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Here's a few pics too,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

Here's better quality of my vids on Youtube:

#65 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

Fingers crossed for a rhinos win, best wishes to the rhinos on here.

Twig. Enjoy mate, big Ed routing for you matey.

#66 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,206 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Brownlee brothers to present the trophy.

Nice. :) Packed house, too.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#67 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Nice. :) Packed house, too.

There'll be another thread telling you about the Brownlee brothers along anytime soon...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#68 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,206 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

There'll be another thread telling you about the Brownlee brothers along anytime soon...

Last track on side 2 of David Bowie's 'Hunky Dory'?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#69 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I can see Storm getting 10 points up and just killing the game off.......bit like they did against Canterbury in the GF.

Frighteningly efficient and consistent team........leeds will need to play like they do in september/october.

TEAMROVERS_small.jpg

#70 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

I think the Storm will attempt to get some early season rhythm first half, hold or win up front then spin it wide where their Halves and pace men will finish the game.
They will smother Leeds attack and counter punch.

#71 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Last track on side 2 of David Bowie's 'Hunky Dory'?

You're old.

:P

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#72 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,206 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

You're old.

:P

You got the reference, grandad. ;)

#73 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm feeling good about the match. I'm shaping up to have a great weekend back up North in general, so I'm expecting a Leeds win now just to start it off with a bang!

None of this is based on team form etc, just got a good feeling
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#74 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'm feeling good about the match. I'm shaping up to have a great weekend back up North in general, so I'm expecting a Leeds win now just to start it off with a bang!

None of this is based on team form etc, just got a good feeling

I think you will be disappointed Mate :-)
The Storm are a Machine, they lost a few years ago in a close match in a near Gale with some pretty bad decisions against them. (2008)
They won in a canter in 2010 without ever hitting the afterburners.
They should win this by more than 15+

#75 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

I think you will be disappointed Mate :-)
The Storm are a Machine, they lost a few years ago in a close match in a near Gale with some pretty bad decisions against them. (2008)
They won in a canter in 2010 without ever hitting the afterburners.
They should win this by more than 15+

I can't see why everyone thinks Melbourne will click into play off mode in their 1st game of the season. In season they are far from unbeatable. They just know how to raise their game in the playoffs, like Leeds, just better.

I was at their training session last night and I saw a couple of things that made me a bit more confident About friday. Fax were having a lot of joy down the Storms right edge and made a few breaks. They were getting caught out with the inside pass on a regular basis too. Melbourne did look very good with the ball though and the amount of runners they have on every play is crazy. Cronk was looking sharp too. I think he will have a massive game Friday.

#76 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Just had this email from the club. Looks like they are trying to get as many in early as possible. I think ill pass in the free flag though. That could be a nightmare :lol:

The World Club Challenge is now just a couple of days away! We hope the information below will help you to have a fantastic night.

Being a sold out fixture this game is different from a regular Rhinos home game. We've got to get more people through the turnstiles and a lot of fans will sitting or standing in areas which are different from their usual ones.

We're therefore expecting it to take everyone a lot longer to get into the ground and find their places. We recommend that you aim to be inside the ground for no later than 7pm. Please give yourself plenty of time!

You may want to consider getting the train to the game. Both Burley Park and Headingley stations are within walking distance of the ground and you can catch regular direct trains to these stations from all stations on the Leeds - Harrogate line. After the game trains leave Burley Park for Leeds at 22.13 and 23.15, and for stations towards Harrogate at 22.35 and 23.33.

The Carnegie Cafe Bar is open to all fans pre and post match

The Sports Bar is also open to all fans

At 5pm the turnstiles will be open

From 5pm you can see a display from the 521 EOD Squadron Bomb Disposal Unit who will also be doing a bucket collection within the ground. Their display area will be opposite the club shop

From 5.30pm the first 10,000 fans into the ground will receive FREE Leeds Rhinos flags. These will be available to collect from the South Stand Tented Village and opposite the club shop.

Between 6pm and 7pm we will be giving out FREE World Club Challenge collectible player stickers to add to your player posters. The player stickers available at this game are Kevin Sinfield, Brian McDermott, Ben Jones-Bishop, Kyle Leuluai, Jamie Jones-Buchanan, Ian Kirke, Richard Moore and Liam Hood. These are available only between these times from the South Stand Tented Village and opposite the club shop.

From 6pm you can see the Rugby League World Cup Trophy in the display area in the South Stand Tented Village. Tickets to RLWC games will also be available to purchase.

Between 6.30pm - 7pm Ronnie the Rhino will be around the ground to meet and greet fans arriving at the ground

From 7.20pm pre-match entertainment will begin on the pitch with a performance from the Spencer Properties Dance Team

From 7.30pm we'll have a performance on the pitch from the Loveable Rogues, from last year's Britain's Got Talent

From 7.45pm you can enjoy music from Yorkshire Young Musicians

At 8pm it's kick-off!

We hope you have a fantastic evening.

#77 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

This WCC now comes to you sponsored by Probiz!

Got a huge two days to maximise their sponsorship!

#78 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Leeds Rhinos have been handed a major boost with the news that Australian Joe Vickery has been passed fit to return to action this Friday to face Melbourne Storm in the World Club Challenge at Headingley Carnegie, kick off 8pm.

Vickery had suffered an ankle injury in his debut against Hull FC three weeks ago and was expected to be out of action for at least six weeks.
However, he has made a remarkable recovery and is now included in Head Coach Brian McDermott's 19 man squad to face the NRL Champions.

The Rhinos will be without Zak Hardaker (thumb), Ryan Bailey (knee), Ben Jones-Bishop (long term) but also welcome back Brett Delaney and Jamie Peacock, who missed last Friday's win over Salford City Reds.

The squad in full is:
3. Kallum Watkins
4. Joel Moon
5. Ryan Hall
6. Danny McGuire
7. Rob Burrow
8. Kylie Leuluai
9. Paul McShane
10. Jamie Peacock
11. Jamie Jones-Buchanan
12. Carl Ablett
13. Kevin Sinfield ©
14. Stevie Ward
15. Brett Delaney
17. Ian Kirke
18. Chris Clarkson
19. Mitch Achurch
21. Richard Moore
22. Jimmy Keinhorst
25. Joe Vickery

Phil DalyMedia and PR Manager

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#79 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Melbourne squad: Billy Slater, Mahe Fonua, Justin O'Neill, Will Chambers, Sisa Waqa, Gareth Widdop, Cooper Cronk, Jesse Bromwich, Cameron Smith, Bryan Norrie, Tohu Harris, Ryan Hoffman, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Jason Ryles, Brett Finch, Siosaia Vave, Junior Moors, Kenneath Bromwich, Lagi Setu.

Edited by hindle xiii, 20 February 2013 - 02:20 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#80 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

I've heard of 7 of them...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users