Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Club Challenge: Leeds Rhinos v Melbourne Storm

Rhinos media release RFL media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

2. Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points (4 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

3. Voted Leeds Rhinos by 1 - 6 points (11 votes [25.58%])

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

4. Melbourne Storm by 1 - 6 points (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

5. Melbourne Storm by 7 to 12 points (13 votes [30.23%])

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

6. Melbourne Storm by 13 points or more (13 votes [30.23%])

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

Vote

#161 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

"Forward" passes have killed Melbourne.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#162 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,370 posts

Nailbiter

#163 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,877 posts

Thaler keeping Leeds in this

Took you 3 years to notice :D

#164 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Wide to west?

#165 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Nope

#166 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Great game but I have to say the worlds best player was disappointing.

really wanted a Leeds win, if only `Burrow had held on to that pas.....
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#167 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Oh well good effort by Leeds but the purple buggers deserved it in the end
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#168 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Amazing game. Best team won. Sky team did their best to ruin it Eddie and Stevo end up arguing about rules they clearly don't understand and ignore the fantastic rugby on show.

#169 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Melbourne were the better side but still a brilliant game to watch.

England won't beat Australia with Cronk Slater and Smith clicking together in the same side. They're the difference at club level, they're the difference at origin level, they're the difference at international level.

Leeds were close but I'm afraid Melbourne were very poor by their high standards. 19 missed tackles by Melbourne, can some stato get their average per game last season ill be very surprised if they average half than that in games last year.

#170 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Great game and Melbourne defence was world class despite being still in pre season. The best team won and Cronk, Smith and Slater controlled things whilst Sinfield was tackled out the game. Melbourne still a bit rusty in attack at times with some forward passes. Cronks kicking was quality and Leeds couldnt stop him controlling the game

#171 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Melbourne were the better side but still a brilliant game to watch.

England won't beat Australia with Cronk Slater and Smith clicking together in the same side. They're the difference at club level, they're the difference at origin level, they're the difference at international level.

Leeds were close but I'm afraid Melbourne were very poor by their high standards. 19 missed tackles by Melbourne, can some stato get their average per game last season ill be very surprised if they average half than that in games last year.

Its their first major hitout of 2013 so you expect a few miss tackles and mistiming in attack. However the defence from Melbourne is what really won the game as Leeds had many chances but just couldnt get over.

#172 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Great game but Melbourne were clearly not in top gear. I still don't think the Aussies are unbeatable though; we do have the talent to win. Making that happen is the trick though....

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#173 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Great level of intensity....the WCC never disappoints.....though come feb it always seems to be leeds playing some team in purple and white

#174 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Not a bad game, nice and close, plenty of rust in the Storms game which is to be expected.
Well played Leeds they gave it a good shake and could have won if they could have passed and caught better.
Leeds got the rub of the green in most cases.
The commentators are really poor and would turn many people away from the game IMO
The TV Camera work was on par with the commentators.

Good to see it was on live in Oz.

Edited by AndyCapp, 22 February 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#175 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

I did not watch the game so all I know is that the English side lost whilst playing on their home ground, to an Aussie team in their pre-season. not good news.

Hopefully our national team will reverse the result, although we all know there wont be a single forward pass given against the green and golds

#176 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Really good game to watch, great performances from Peacock and Watkins; Sinfield did not get enough time to pressure the try line with his kicking game, Widdop produced a mixed bag. In the World Cup it looks as if England could get some joy against Australia by passing out wide or letting Watkins find the gaps.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#177 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

That was as high class rugby you'll ever see

The poor berks like lobby can keep their dour miserable lives

#178 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

I did not watch the game so all I know is that the English side lost whilst playing on their home ground, to an Aussie team in their pre-season. not good news.

Hopefully our national team will reverse the result, although we all know there wont be a single forward pass given against the green and golds

Leeds did ok in that area tonight, the Storm got pinged all over the place on line ball calls including a try, whereas Leeds scored off a massive forward pass and eventually they showed it again from an angle behind the attacking play and the commentators agreed it was not forward after all
It was almost comedy.

#179 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Really good game, well officiated. Apart from the forward pass... I didn't mind the officials missing that, as it led to a Try against the Aussies. :lol:

Edited by HappyDave, 22 February 2013 - 10:23 PM.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#180 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Really good game to watch, great performances from Peacock and Watkins; Sinfield did not get enough time to pressure the try line with his kicking game, Widdop produced a mixed bag. In the World Cup it looks as if England could get some joy against Australia by passing out wide or letting Watkins find the gaps.

Sinfield was average tonight,

Edited by AndyCapp, 22 February 2013 - 10:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users