• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

How did you attendance compare with same match last season against Dewsbury

I am interested to see if your new pricing structure made a difference as you are the only team doing this

#2 banjo

banjo
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

468 last year, 628 this year

#3 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Job done, well done hunslet!!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#4 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

was a nice day though so difficult to tell if the improvement is down to price or weather.
Will be interesting though to compare all games that were played last season too.

#5 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

468 last year, 628 this year

Looks like its working then. Well done.

Cummins Out.

#6 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for the info it looks like it is working

Hope it continues and Hunslet can build on it and if it all comes off over the season maybe its something others should look at

#7 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

An encouraging comparison after one game, but we need to remember there are several reasons why attendances go up and down.

Last year's Dewsbury match was the last home game of the season and was effectively a "dead rubber", and there would have been some supporters who had already given up for the year. It also fell slap bang in the middle of the Summer holidays.

On the other hand we were up against Leeds United on TV on Sunday and that always keeps a few off the gate.

It maybe that Dewsbury brought a few more on the back of their efforts against Featherstone the week before (it's always difficult to tell how many away fans there are at our place).

Nevertheless, a promising start and it'll be interesting to keep an eye on this as the season goes on ...

Edit: The opening fixture against Barrow drew 491. We didn't play them last year but two years ago the crowd was just 10 more for a game which was considered critical in the end of season run-in, one that we had to win to stand a chance of avoiding relegation.

Edited by Hawkwindbag, 19 February 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#8 Penola

Penola
  • 606 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

It's not going to happen overnight. It's encouraging to see so many you people at the games even if these are the dancers and the schoolboy players. Hopefully some of these will be our fans of the future and keep the club alive

#9 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Other factors may come in like, we had a junior game on at half time, so parents were in attendance along with the young players which i think get freebies- i personally nothibg against this it should be encouraged. plus I think we are getting a few Leeds supporters coming along with the DR players. Leeds season ticket holders can get in for half price, be interesting to know how many are taking this offer up.

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

i think all we can do is keep promoting our games keep trying new initiatives and try and get more people through the gates.

Season tickets have increased this season up 15% on last year, We also have over 20 Leeds Rhinos season ticket holders who now have Hunslet Season tickets and we continue to promote deal for Rhinos fans which are advertised at their games on a Friday and on their website.

From been sat in the upper tier Sunday i thought it was busy with Hunslet supporters, and was good to see it busy, but we need more people to come to games, i still know loads of people who are Hunslet fans but dont come to games, for various reasons, if we can just get half of them back down we could kick on.

The Donny game will be the real test, crowd wise!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#11 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Financial gain to the Hawks on the 2 attendance figures given for comparison- £1304
Having given up my timekeeping duties for the first time I was able to watch a game from the top deck. I was sat right at the end where Dewsbury scored their tries, and two of these were doubtful.
Top marks to whoever wrote the match report on the website..

#12 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Financial gain to the Hawks on the 2 attendance figures given for comparison- £1304

Based on what?

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#13 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Looking at league attendances from 2012 (last season) our crowd of 628 on Sunday vs Dewsbury would have been or 3rd highest league crowd last season with only Halifax and Featherstone beating it with 717 & 724 respectively

#14 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

i thought the crowd against us mate was about 890 then realised 300 of us used the lift :D :D

#15 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Looking at league attendances from 2012 (last season) our crowd of 628 on Sunday vs Dewsbury would have been or 3rd highest league crowd last season with only Halifax and Featherstone beating it with 717 & 724 respectively

HIST have'nt got a off-shore bank account have they Blackpool ;)

#16 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

HIST have'nt got a off-shore bank account have they Blackpool ;)

just cannot see ur fan base getting back to where u want it to be the rfl did a lot of damage to the club in 99

#17 Penola

Penola
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

just cannot see ur fan base getting back to where u want it to be the rfl did a lot of damage to the club in 99

Okay we'll all give up then

#18 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

Okay we'll all give up then

why the sarcasm it was just an opinion ill stand by what i said ,you certainly dont endear yourself to ANY floating fan do you ? why make out that im putting the club down cos i am not .

Edited by blackhawk, 21 February 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#19 Penola

Penola
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

why the sarcasm it was just an opinion ill stand by what i said ,you certainly dont endear yourself to ANY floating fan do you ? why make out that im putting the club down cos i am not .

Yes well just don't share it with us. This is a forum for Hunslet fans (cue the usual "I am entitled to do what I want etc etc etc")

Edited by Penola, 21 February 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#20 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

we need all the support we can get, even if its floating support

seen has we offer cheap entrance for the leeds supporters then why not offer this to any super league supporters with a valid season ticket

we might get that extra 10 to 20 turning up. its worth ago.
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users