- - - - -

If you are not going to Workington

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hawk-eye

hawk-eye
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

The Eagles under 19's take on Hull Kingston Rovers at Don Valley on Sunday at 2.30

£3 Adults
£2 Concessions
£1 Children
Posted Image

#2 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Will be watching..........

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

that would be all but 6 of you then. champions and you muster up less than 10 away fans. well done to you who did make it though.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

I cant think why a trek up to Workington on a February afternoon didn't appeal to more fans
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

I cant think why a trek up to Workington on a February afternoon didn't appeal to more fans

Come on that's a pathetic comeback. You are supposed to be supporters of the Championship Champions and you can only muster 10 for an away game. We are newly promoted and I'll wager that there will be between 50 and 100 attend the return game at Sheffield.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

In summer. Yes it was poor, but I know more than 10 went up, they were probably just scattered around the place like they seem to do for some reason!
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

In summer. Yes it was poor, but I know more than 10 went up, they were probably just scattered around the place like they seem to do for some reason!

there certainly werent more than 10. its not that big of a crowd to hideaway in. apart from skolars(at least they have the distance excuse) your the worst supported team ive seen at derwent park for many years. it was a pathetic turn out, and theres no comeback on that. even the fans who did go admitted your away support is shocking
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

It was a poor support, the usual crowd I go with didnt go up as we are on the train to games and we couldnt get there and back in a day. However, I also think regardless of how many we took, 683 is pretty feeble home support as well, I would have thought you should be getting at least double that.

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

It was a poor support, the usual crowd I go with didnt go up as we are on the train to games and we couldnt get there and back in a day. However, I also think regardless of how many we took, 683 is pretty feeble home support as well, I would have thought you should be getting at least double that.

Sheffield, a much larger city than our 25000 population, only home crowd this season was 1,008 !!!!!!!! That was the current Champions playing one of the top 5 clubs Batley. Stop digging.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

A big football city sadly, though our crowds are on the up every year, whereas Cumbria is the heartland of rugby league apparently! I just don't understand how anyone comes on a forum to bemoan support of other clubs when in reality no-one in this league with the exception of Fev and Halifax get great crowds. Hopefully in years to come both our clubs will be bringing in double the numbers we get now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users