Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Hunslet.Sun 24th Feb 3pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (29 votes [82.86%])

Percentage of vote: 82.86%

2. Hunslet To Win (5 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Draw (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Fev shock defeat 8 19 Crowd 1287. <_<

#22 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,954 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Its not a shared gate frank. 2287 :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#23 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

This game dose not set me on fire one bit so will be giving it a miss this week,

Fev 62 v 14 Hunslet

att 1834

I don't make predictions and never will (lol) but I think that Hunslet will not be a total pushover that you might think. They have the likes of Liam Hood, Jamel Chisholm and Jimmy Keinhorst, all good young lads from the Rhinos. Tom Bush doesn't always make the starting 13, and what a talent he is. Liam Welham was a good lad for us and his running power in the centres may pose problems. Danny Grimshaw is a good half back and would get into most teams in the championship, also they have the experience of P
David March , Tom Haughey and Richard Moore. They've got a couple of wins under their belts this year and under Marchy they are going to spoil and it may be difficult to get any fluidity going against them. I see it similar to the match v York at home last year when it took some attrition to wear them down on that occasion. Having said that I could be totally wrong Neil Lowe could be Full back and Rovers could rack up 90 odd but I doubt it . I was hoping to see another glimpse of former Rovers stalwart Stevie Dooler, but he has now hung up his boots at the ripe old age of 34.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 23 February 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#24 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Good luck to Andy Kain today provided he is fit and selected currently on 99 career tries for the Rovers,a gem of a player.

#25 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Must have been very wet in Fev today then?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#26 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Was you not there?

#27 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Abysmal second half from fev today - totally unprofessional and poor attitude, got what we deserved in the last 5 minutes

#28 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

It was more of we took the foot off the gas AGAIN in the second half. Which is concerning me I know the game was never in doubt through out the 80 mins but our last 2 second half performances have been dire at best. We don't just take the foot off the gas 50 percent when we know we have won the game at HT we take our foot off the gas nearly to the point of who cares we've won anyway which is very worrying at the moment I feel.

#29 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

It was more of we took the foot off the gas AGAIN in the second half.

I think it was more to do with Huns not stepping on the gas until after half time

#30 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

I think it was more to do with Huns not stepping on the gas until after half time

The score should have and would of been a lot more in our favour if we had kept the intensity up from the first half. Hunslet didn't really up a few gears we dropped from fifth gear into reverse which we did last week in the second half too and its very worrying from our point of view.

#31 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

You did well to beat our second team, we rested our front line players, Sinfield, Burrow and McGuire were rested for Donny next week

It must worry you that little old Hunslet had you on he ropes in the second half ;)

Edited by morley-hawk, 24 February 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#32 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

You played as well as we let you. Concerning.

Cummins Out.

#33 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,954 posts

Had we put those bombed chances away early in the 2nd half the score woukd have been 50+
However we didn't and the half disintegrated into a bloody mess where the result was never in doubt.
The other unbeaten side towed their rops out up at york.

Edited by Robin Evans, 24 February 2013 - 06:09 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#34 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

You did well to beat our second team, we rested our front line players, Sinfield, Burrow and McGuire were rested for Donny next week

It must worry you that little old Hunslet had you on he ropes in the second half ;)

We were going to win anyway through out that match we just thought we would take a rest in the second half as that is becoming the norm for us a lately. We could of not come out for the second half and we would still of won the game that's how comfortable it was for us. I'm just more disappointed in us taking the foot off the gas in 2 consecutive games in the second half than worrying about little old hunslet as you put it.

Edited by thundergaz, 24 February 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#35 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

We were going to win anyway through out that match we just thought we would take a rest in the second half as that is becoming the norm for us a lately. We could of not come out for the second half and we would still of won the game that's how comfortable it was for us. I'm just more disappointed in us taking the foot off the gas in 2 consecutive games in the second half than worrying about little old hunslet as you put it.

At last, a bite! Here fishy fishy!

You did come out for the second half, and we won it 18-10, maybe you should have stayed put in the dressing room

#36 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

At last, a bite! Here fishy fishy!

You did come out for the second half, and we won it 18-10, maybe you should have stayed put in the dressing room

We did stay in the dressing room in mind as the game was already won. We just had 13 bodies that came out in the second half. Oh well at least you've won a second half you might wont to go one better next week and win the game 😄😄😄. Doubt you will do though as I'm sure a pub team would be able to beat you lot😉. Your team is poor even with the whinos players in it I'd hate to think what it would be like without the whinos players in it. ( wait for it).

Edited by thundergaz, 24 February 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#37 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Good job we were playing the little Rhinos today as the big Rhinos would have given us a right scare;

#38 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

We did stay in the dressing room in mind as the game was already won. We just had 13 bodies that came out in the second half. Oh well at least you've won a second half you might wont to go one better next week and win the game 😄😄😄. Doubt you will do though as I'm sure a pub team would be able to beat you lot😉. Your team is poor even with the whinos players in it I'd hate to think what it would be like without the whinos players in it. ( wait for it).

As long as that pub team beating us has real ale ;)

Edited by morley-hawk, 24 February 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#39 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

As long as that pub team beating us has real ale ;)

😄😄😄 fair enough no biting then😳

#40 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

But joking aside that's 2 second halfs in a row we have decided to not come out for the second half. Ok the games have been won before HT but its a little worrying. Unless DP wants to keep us fit etc because at the end of last season we seemed to run out of steam maybe this is a tactical thing to save fitness etc.

Edited by thundergaz, 24 February 2013 - 07:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users