Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Hunslet.Sun 24th Feb 3pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (29 votes [82.86%])

Percentage of vote: 82.86%

2. Hunslet To Win (5 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Draw (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ fair enough no biting then๐Ÿ˜ณ

Haha all in good fun Gaz!

I think Huns deserve a bit of credit, regardless of whether you switched off or not, 26-0 at half time we could have fallen apart and lost 68-0 like last year but we hung on in there, to win the second half is a top effort

#42 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Haha all in good fun Gaz!

I think Huns deserve a bit of credit, regardless of whether you switched off or not, 26-0 at half time we could have fallen apart and lost 68-0 like last year but we hung on in there, to win the second half is a top effort

Yes but barra did the same last week to us. It's our fault we should be racking up the points instead of not coming out for the second halfs. We should of had 60 plus this week and knocking on 80 plus last week but we seem to relax when we know the game is won instead of punishing the teams severely more. Same as last weeks first half we looked world beaters second half we looked relegation fodder. I'm just really worried about our switching off so easily when we think the games won. It will come back to bite us hard especially against the top teams in our league.

Edited by thundergaz, 24 February 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#43 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

I wouldn't say we relaxed, we bombed at least 4 tries in the second half and had one disallowed. We also had 4 tries disallowed against Barroew in the second half. Defence went to sleep when Finn went off.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#44 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

4 wins 0 loses top of league points difference of +98 what more do we want
We were loosing at Dewsbury at half time we came out and won Yes we dropped a bit in the second half but maybe Hunslet just played better in the second half Lets keep backing the Team it will get better as the season goes on Well done Fev keep it going and lets have another win next week at Whitehaven it's a long journey home if we don't

#45 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

I think it was more to do with Huns not stepping on the gas until after half time

i think it was more to do with the rhino's rejects stepping on the gas after half time
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#46 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Failed goal kicks reduced our total. The fact that we regularly drop off the pace in the second half of our games, is becoming a worrying feature and must be dealt with.Championship contenders in any sport, DO NOT let opponents off the hook.
We were outpointed in the second half and our failure to convert good approach work affected the final result.

#47 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

i think it was more to do with the rhino's rejects stepping on the gas after half time

The second half was close I agree

Fev's Cheque Book 10-18 Rhinos Rejects

#48 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

you should hear yourselves! you have no divine right to be good all the time
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#49 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,498 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

300k 36, supporter owned club 18, I'm more than happy with that effort! Thanks for letting us win the second half, it's much appreciated, will hopefully give us great confidence for next week! So we shall again!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#50 MADREDNIGE

MADREDNIGE
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

you should hear yourselves! you have no divine right to be good all the time

I agree we will not get 50+ every week just cos wer,e playing 'lesser' apponents,these teams are simly not just gunna roll over and not compete,we do have to be on our mettle though ALL match if we are to achive our aims !!

#51 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

300k 36, supporter owned club 18, I'm more than happy with that effort! Thanks for letting us win the second half, it's much appreciated, will hopefully give us great confidence for next week! So we shall again!

Club thats picked itself up off the floor...36.....Club on the floor.....18

#52 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,498 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Club thats picked itself up off the floor...36.....Club on the floor.....18

We've been on the floor since 1999, but we are still hear, give us a couple of millionaire owners pumping hundreds of thousands a year into our club and I'm sure we would pick our selfs up too.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#53 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

We've been on the floor since 1999, but we are still hear, give us a couple of millionaire owners pumping hundreds of thousands a year into our club and I'm sure we would pick our selfs up too.

To my knowledge we have had no millionaires for the past four seasons or even before that; However I do understand that when a club is at the top for so long a certain bitterness creeps in; Its called envy and it is quite natural to feel that way; God I hated Hunslet too a few years ago; But I do wish every championship club good fortune; We are enjoying our success at the moment; Like you enjoyed yours; Its swings and roundabouts as you are fully aware;

#54 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

If I may I interject. ..
No-one gave fev owt here. In 2004/5 we were in admin and relegated to the bum end of the leagues. The club was on it's botty when tony kenny got mark campbell involved. The ckub has grafted it's @r se off to attract new money. Money from sponsors and investors. They didn't just show up saying here's a big wad!!!!
Mark campbell and his bod, the ceo and marketing manager are astute enough to fetch in money we were once only dreaming of.
The club has worked its nads off to pick itself up!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#55 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

You outlined that a lot plainer than I did Robin;

#56 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Wow if it wasn't for mark Campbell, poskitt and the rest of the people at our place that work their butts off for our club and the fans who make us the best supported team in RL for the size of the place then millionaires wouldn't of been attracted to our club. Maybe if people like you at your club got off your butt and put in 10 percent of the above that has been put in at our club you might actually get somewhere. Slagging off the BOD really? Do you think people just put money into our club because they like us? It's down to very hard work that's why we are where we are.

Edited by thundergaz, 24 February 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#57 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

The second half was close I agree

Fev's Cheque Book 10-18 Rhinos Rejects

I think the penalty count second half could be looked as a reason for Hunslet's revival, certainly one try came from a series of 4 penalties on the trot. Not saying Hunslet didn't deserve them but we all know it's the penalties the refs don't give that turn matches. e.g. The first penalty of that series was for offside, only seconds before with Hunslet on their own line, several of their players were yards offside - no penalty.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#58 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Wow if it wasn't for mark Campbell, poskitt and the rest of the people at our place that work their butts off for our club and the fans who make us the best supported team in RL for the size of the place then millionaires wouldn't of been attracted to our club. Maybe if people like you at your club got off your butt and put in 10 percent of the above that has been put in at our club you might actually get somewhere. Slagging off the BOD really? Do you think people just put money into our club because they like us? It's down to very hard work that's why we are where we are.

Sorry. I cannot let that go, HIST work as hard as anyone for this club

Don't confuse hard work for money, we have plenty of the former, you have more of the latter

Edited by morley-hawk, 24 February 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#59 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Sorry. I cannot let that go, HIST work as hard as anyone for this club

Don't confuse hard work for money, we have plenty of the former, you have more of the latter

thats a very recent thing. It most certainly wasn't like this only a few years ago when the club was on its botty.
Do you think investors just knocked on possy's door saying "here tha goes owd lad. Have a big wedge"? :rolleyes:

Edited by Robin Evans, 24 February 2013 - 10:08 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#60 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Did you fev fans watch the same game, before the game when everyone was calling you big headed I was all for sticking up for you, but the comments in hear are just a joke.

Hunslet gifted you 4/5 tries in the first half with individual errors, granted some of these errors were down to good pressure from yourselves but others were just bad reads by defenders. 2nd half Hunslet cut out these errors and actually got 50% of the ball, first half you had about 70% of the ball, hence coming back into the game.

P.s.
You won the penalty count.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users