RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Hunslet.Sun 24th Feb 3pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (29 votes [82.86%])

Percentage of vote: 82.86%

2. Hunslet To Win (5 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Draw (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

I don't have to try owt. I know some of these guys personally and I know the score. Keep telling yourself it'll be okay and you'll be fine. How do you know Blakeway and Mac didn't know this was coming even before it was officially announced? DR was upon us 2 or 3 seasons ago in some form was it not? Do you think if Welham was fit he would be preferred over Keinhorst? All I asked was how would this affect his morale, knowing that he tried hard at his previous two clubs clubs only to be usurped. Tom Bush is a good player I'll accept that. You miss the point with Houston. Yes he has played all the games, but correct me if I'm wrong he played in the back row yesterday, he is a prop, on the occasions that Leuluai is called upon it puts the likes of Houston, who is already playing out of position because of DR Singleton, further down the pecking order. Where's Windley and Wilson, Buttery? I don't see them anywhere near the first team.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 25 February 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#82 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I don't have to try owt. I know some of these guys personally and I know the score. Keep telling yourself it'll be okay and you'll be fine. How do you know Blakeway and Mac didn't know this was coming even before it was officially announced? DR was upon us 2 or 3 seasons ago in some form was it not? Do you think if Welham was fit he would be preferred over Keinhorst? All I asked was how would this affect his morale, knowing that he tried hard at his previous two clubs clubs only to be usurped. Tom Bush is a good player I'll accept that. You miss the point with Houston. Yes he has played all the games, but correct me if I'm wrong he played in the back row yesterday, he is a prop, on the occasions that Leuluai is called upon it puts the likes of Houston, who is already playing out of position because of DR Singleton, further down the pecking order. Where's Windley and Wilson, Buttery? I don't see them anywhere near the first team.

no he wouldn't, keinhorst is a class above welham on what he's shown so far, but equally welham is a class about the rest of hunslet's centres.
houston is a long minutes prop or second rower, him playing in the backrower is not unusual for hunslet. it may have passed your attention yesterday but hunslet only subbed hood in the first half, both singleton & yates played the full 40 minutes in the first half. so houston in the backrow is better for himself & better for hunslet.
windley has broken his cheekbone
wilson & buttery are injured

Edited by noname6, 25 February 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#83 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

no he wouldn't, keinhorst is a class above welham on what he's shown so far, but equally welham is a class about the rest of hunslet's centres.
houston is a long minutes prop or second rower, him playing in the backrower is not unusual for hunslet. it may have passed your attention yesterday but hunslet only subbed hood in the first half, both singleton & yates played the full 40 minutes in the first half. so houston in the backrow is better for himself & better for hunslet.
windley has broken his cheekbone
wilson & buttery are injured

Mate, yeah it obviously escaped my attention, as you can tell I watch only one team. By the way saying that Singleton and Yates put a full forty minutes in the first half yesterday was no great feat, as it may have escaped your attention, they went in 26-0 down. You've got a rather hostile tone, if you were to read the context of the original message there was no bragging, arrogance, it was my opinion on how I see the wrongs and rights of the DR system. For what it's worth in an earlier post on another thread I thought that Singleton, Hood and Watson were the stand out players for the Hawks, all I was saying was that in my opinion teams will lose players to the system I may be wrong C'est la vie. I think on the prediction thread I you read my post prior to the game, that I didn't think it would be a one sided affair and I attempted to extol the virtues of your team. I think. I'll not bother any more and if I get chance behind the mic at The atmospheric South Leeds stadium I might just rip the p**s out em. Having said that I think you may win the return game as you will probably have Maguire, Burrow, Hardaker, Syd Hynes, Lewjs Jones and Max Baer juniour at your disposal.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 25 February 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#84 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

it's not unusual for people not to fully notice their own teams use of subs, let alone the opposition.

it maybe how you see the ups & downs of the DR system, however your examples have been mainly been wrong. sorry if it comes across as hostile but IMO if you going to give an option on another clubs use of DR/partnerships you should at least do homework on the players in question. granted at least you've tried backing up your thoughts rather than the usual slagging off the system without any reasoning.

some maybe lost but personally i don't see it being much different to the situation at most clubs where a hand full of players are going to miss out anyway. most clubs will have 25-30 players signed on, only 17 can play on match day, so there is always going to be some lads disappointed, its the nature of sport. if these players are going to sulk and go home rather than putting in extra work/effort at training then i'm not sure they're in the right place in the first place.

personally i thought hood was poor other than the last 10 minutes.

#85 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

The sulky thing I'm not so sure about nowadays. Take Welham or Macca for instance. It's a 100 mile round trip for training and match day. Petrol's eight seven quid a gallon now. Imagine swapping your shifts, finishing work early, then maybe risking injury that may result in you being on sick, only to be told that you wouldn't be playing anyway. You had a player called Anthony Henderson, who couldn't take that risk and gave the game up for work commitments. The DR players don't really have that worry. Had Kylie Leuluai been available yesterday I'm sure one of the lads that played snd gave full commitment to the cause would have been dropped.

As for the examples I have given being incorrect we shall wait and see.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 25 February 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#86 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Where's Windley and Wilson, Buttery? I don't see them anywhere near the first team.

I understand Chris Buttery is considering his future in the game for this exact reason Vausey.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#87 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

I understand Chris Buttery is considering his future in the game for this exact reason Vausey.

I think someone's been giving you wrong info
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#88 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

We'll see.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#89 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

i can't believe it's not buttery
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#90 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

If that's the case, and I sincerely hope it's not, then it's a sad day for the game.

#91 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I think someone's been giving you wrong info

Probably the same person that informed everyone our top centre, captain and Under 20's coach was jacking it all in due to us getting some wingers and a second row from Hull.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights & Hunslet Hawks RLFC.

Official Player Sponsor of Danny Nicklas Ben Johnston for the 2013 season
alldesignandprint.co.uk

Linkedin

Twitter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Match Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users