Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Brian McDermott article

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,738 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Excellent read this. I especially liked:

'I know that's a huge generalisation but it applies a lot to blokes from Yorkshire. They're very forthright and opinionated – quite often without any foundation or substance.'

http://www.guardian....os-donald-mcrae

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#2 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,827 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Enjoyed that. Really nice seeing some of the coverage the game is getting at the moment with features like this.

#3 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

'I know that's a huge generalisation but it applies a lot to blokes from Yorkshire. They're very forthright and opinionated – quite often without any foundation or substance.'

:D

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,085 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Excellent read, even from his time at Bradford he was such an interesting chap. Does anyone know if it made it into print? Barring a couple of f-words it should have been. Nice to see a "new" writer as well, someone who has covered a widespread of sports it seems.

Good find.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Really nice seeing some of the coverage the game is getting at the moment with features like this.

I blame the RFL

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#6 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Excellent article, gives good insight into his motivations and his style of coaching.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#7 Blotto

Blotto
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

He's done it tough cause he is tough, but so much much more!
If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

#8 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,473 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

"I'm also mad on Al Green. He's a big tooler. You've only got to listen to his songs. They're all shagging songs." :D

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#9 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,473 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

That's one of the best RL interviews I've ever seen in the mainstream press.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#10 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

That's one of the best RL interviews I've ever seen in the mainstream press.

Couldn't agree more.

Comes across as a tough, honest and fair bloke who'll put in as much as he demands - exactly as I have been told he is by a player he coached
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users